Success for Kilburn charity’s ‘Big Aid Drop for Syria’ event
- Credit: Archant
Urgently needed items to help people caught up in the conflict in Syria were donated at a collection point in Kilburn on Saturday.
A constant stream of people turned up at 254 Kilburn High Road for the ‘Big Aid Drop for Syria’ event organised by British medical and humanitarian relief charity Hand in Hand for Syria.
Iman Mujahed, event coordinator, said: “It was absolutely amazing.
“It was incredibly uplifting to see the public support to try and help the people in Syria.”
With the help of volunteers, a 40 feet container packed with medical equipment and donations left Kilburn on Saturday on the first leg of its journey to Syria.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Mujahed said the supplies will go to the area where they are needed most.
- 1 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs
- 2 Boyfriend of murder victim 'fell to knees' at discovering body in Kingsbury
- 3 Football fan in serious condition after falling from Wembley stand
- 4 Data shows Delta is fast-becoming Brent's dominant Covid-strain
- 5 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 6 Brent Chinese gets green light for alcohol delivery despite concerns
- 7 Euro 2020: Dykes loses opener as Niko Hamalainen seals win with Finland
- 8 Man arrested after Harlesden stabbing
- 9 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
- 10 Man in hospital following shooting in Neasden