Students at college in Brent named among the ‘best of the best’
- Credit: Archant
Pupils from the College of North West London were honoured at an awards ceremony
Students in the borough have been named among the “best of the best” after an awards ceremony commemorating a day of healthy competition between students across the capital.
Pupils from the College of North West London (CNWL) were honoured at an awards ceremony marking achievements of students during the college’s ‘Industry Day.’
Hundreds of students competed in different skills and challenges including carpentry, electronics, motor vehicle mechanics and refrigeration.
Staff then chose an overall winner from each of the fifteen departments including four talented CNWL students.
You may also want to watch:
Carl Garner, won the electrical installations award, 26-year-old Sarvindra Rai, from Wembley won the electronics award, Mark Richardson, from Willesden, won the Painting & Decorating award, and 21 year old Niall Keogh, from Dollis Hill, was awarded the institution of engineering and technology award.
All were given a cash prize and an industry relevant tool kit.
- 1 Men jailed after Leon Maxwell gunned down in Queensbury
- 2 Met officer found guilty of assault after grabbing victim when off duty
- 3 Free vaccine walk-in at Central Middlesex Hospital
- 4 Appeal for information after man shot in Stonebridge
- 5 The Wembley flats with camper vans on the roof and furniture wearing boots
- 6 Teenager convicted of murdering Jamalie Deacon Matthew in Northwick Park
- 7 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs
- 8 Two arrests after man shot and teenager stabbed in Queen's Park
- 9 Kensal Rise group 'biggest team' taking on Blenheim Palace Triathlon 2021
- 10 Human remains found in Neasden believed to be missing Agnes Akom
Vicki Fagg, CNWL Principal, said: “Industry Day was extremely successful and engaged the whole College – from the students participating through to the ones that came along to have a go at trying out a different skill.
“Our students are very good at winning awards and have won many regional and international competitions and we’re extremely proud of them all.”
The awards ceremony, on Wednesday, April 24, was held at CNWL’s Willesden Campus in Dudden Hill Lane.