Student from music college in Kilburn supports the Muse on tour after being spotted at summer fayre
- Credit: Archant
Polly Money is studying at the Institute of Contemporary Music Performance in Dyne Road
A student from a music college in Kilburn has been plucked from obscurity by being picked to be the opening act for an award-winning band after she was spotted performing at a summer fayre.
Polly Money, who attends the Institute of Contemporary Music Performance in Dyne Road, performed to more than 80,000 people as the opening act of Muse’s sold out show in France.
The talented musician had been performing at the Marylebone Summer Fayre unaware that she had blown away the band’s frontman Matt Bellamy and his actress wife Kate Hudson who were at the event.
She was contacted by Muse’s management the following day and invited to be the band’s opening act for their sold out show at the largest stadium in France, The Stade on June 21 and 22.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Money, a second year songwriting student at the Institute, said: “I am absolutely speechless!
“It was the most incredible experience for me, both playing and watching! I am so honoured to have been invited out to support Muse at The Stade de France!”
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 4 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 5 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 6 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 7 Join the Craic in Cricklewood as four-day music festival returns to London
- 8 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 9 Mayhew staff cull risk as animal charity is 'restructured'
- 10 Noise abatement notice served against 'silent disco'