Student from music college in Kilburn supports the Muse on tour after being spotted at summer fayre
- Credit: Archant
Polly Money is studying at the Institute of Contemporary Music Performance in Dyne Road
A student from a music college in Kilburn has been plucked from obscurity by being picked to be the opening act for an award-winning band after she was spotted performing at a summer fayre.
Polly Money, who attends the Institute of Contemporary Music Performance in Dyne Road, performed to more than 80,000 people as the opening act of Muse’s sold out show in France.
The talented musician had been performing at the Marylebone Summer Fayre unaware that she had blown away the band’s frontman Matt Bellamy and his actress wife Kate Hudson who were at the event.
She was contacted by Muse’s management the following day and invited to be the band’s opening act for their sold out show at the largest stadium in France, The Stade on June 21 and 22.
Ms Money, a second year songwriting student at the Institute, said: “I am absolutely speechless!
“It was the most incredible experience for me, both playing and watching! I am so honoured to have been invited out to support Muse at The Stade de France!”
- 1 'London’s smallest bus lane' earns Harrow Council £440,000
- 2 Teenager killed in Stonebridge after collision with a car
- 3 Below-par QPR found a way to win at Coventry says Warburton
- 4 Teenager grabbed and pulled towards car in broad daylight
- 5 Brent LTN removal set to be financed from 'existing council budgets'
- 6 Sudbury: Plan for 52 one-bed flats falls through after appeal
- 7 Women attacked on way home from night out in Wembley
- 8 Residents lose appeal to save Brent leisure centre
- 9 Wembley man who used child to sell drugs due in court
- 10 Adomah's late goal wins it for QPR at Coventry