Striker completes move to QPR
Free agent Johnson re-united with Rangers boss after joining on a two-year deal
Striker Andy Johnson has completed his switch from Fulham to QPR on a two-year deal.
Johnson is reunited with Rs boss Mark Hughes, who managed the forward at Fulham, and also follows in the footsteps of Bobby Zamora, who moved across west London in January.
The 31-year-old, who has scored 147 goals in all competitions, signed on the same day as centre-back Ryan Nelsen joined the club from Tottenham Hotspur.
Johnson, who has eight senior England caps, said: “I’ve worked closely with Mark before and there are also players here that I’ve played with previously, including Bobby Zamora and Shaun Derry.”
You may also want to watch:
“Those were factors in me joining, but this is a big, big club and I’ve spoken to the chairman and Mark, who both have great ambition for QPR, and it’s something that I wanted to be a part of.”
“Mark was brilliant when I was at Fulham. I’d just come off the back of a rough spell with a knee injury and he guided and helped me through that period.
- 1 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 2 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 3 New QPR signing Moses Odubajo's story so far
- 4 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 5 Traffic disruption in Brent from August 2-8
- 6 Head of school attended by Tom Dean, Zadie Smith and Rachel Yankey set to retire
- 7 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 8 Petition launched to declare Brent a Right To Food borough
- 9 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 10 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
“He was great to play under. He’s a top a manager and has some fantastic staff around him.
“Being an ex-player, he knows what players want and expect. He’s excellent with the players. He speaks to them and he’s on the same level as them.
“He said it’d be great to team up again and that he was thrilled about the possibility of me joining QPR.
“He told me about the plans for a new training ground and how the Club wants to go forward. That really excited me.”