Street boozing ban in Brent for Liverpool, Everton, Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur fans coming to Wembley Stadium
Controlled Drinking Zone throughout the borough as FA Cup Semi-Finals takes place this weekend
The entire borough will become a Controlled Drinking Zone next weekend as fans from four football teams flock to Wembley Stadium.
Under the measures, which will be in force on April 14 and 15, it will be an offence to drink alcohol on the streets of Brent or any other public place in the borough.
Anyone found doing so will have their booze seized by the police.
Tens and thousands of football fans will be attending the FA Cup Semi-Final between Liverpool and Everton on Saturday, and Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspurs on Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
The stadium will be split with Liverpool fans sitting in the east side and Everton the West.
The following day Chelsea will be in the East side and Tottenham Hotspurs the West.
- 1 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 2 Police appeal to find missing 12-year-old boy
- 3 'Brave new streets of London' – photo collection captures a city under Covid
- 4 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 5 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 6 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 7 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 8 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 9 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 10 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
In an effort to stamp out violent clashes between rivals Liverpool fans must use Wembley Park Tube Station and can only drink at pubs in the area, while Everton fans are being told to use Wembley Central Station and pubs in its vicinity.
Likewise Chelsea fans are being given the same instructions as Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur fans are to use Wembley Central Station.