Stonebridge stabbing victim was heard screaming and shouting before she was attacked
Resident found woman stabbed in car in Wyborne Way following disturbance
A resident in Stonebridge where a woman was stabbed to death described seeing her slumped in the back of a car with stab wounds to her neck and arms.
The 32-year-old victim was found seriously injured in a car in James Dudson Court, Wyborne Way, on Saturday night at around 11.10pm.
According to a resident, who asked not to be named, they heard screaming and shouting prior to the incident.
They also saw a man walking in the opposite direction away from a parked car.
You may also want to watch:
They told the Times: “It was my instinct to go straight outside and towards the car, there was a woman slumped across the back seat, she had blood all over neck and her arms.
“She was completely out of it, but I stayed and talked to her while another resident called the police.”
- 1 Human remains found in Neasden believed to be missing Agnes Akom
- 2 Two arrests after man shot and teenager stabbed in Queen's Park
- 3 'Piercing scream' heard night two sisters killed in Kingsbury park
- 4 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs
- 5 Boyfriend of murder victim 'fell to knees' at discovering body in Kingsbury
- 6 Photographer seeks people he took pictures of in the early 1990s
- 7 Data shows Delta is fast-becoming Brent's dominant Covid-strain
- 8 Man to appear at Old Bailey charged with murder of missing Agnes Akom
- 9 Teenager killed sisters in 'sacrifice' deal with the devil, court hears
- 10 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
Detectives know who the victim is but will release her name once she has been formally identified.
According to the resident, the victim was attacked by a man known to her.
They added: “I couldn’t believe what I saw, when I looked out the window the man just walked away as though nothing had happened.”
The resident, who has lived in the area for 25 years, said it was blighted by drugs and violence.
They said: “This area is horrible and there are not enough security people and police on patrol, there’s always drugs and violence but people don’t seem to care.
“People must have heard something but nobody did anything, I couldn’t just leave her there.”
The woman was taken to St Mary’s Hospital in Paddington but died shortly after arrival.
DCI Nicola Wall, who is leading the murder hunt, has appealed for witnesses or anyone with information to come forward.
She said: “We are keen to her from anyone who was in or around the Wyborne Way area around 11pm Saturday night.
“We are also keen to hear from anyone in and around the surrounding area after the incident that may have seen anyone acting suspiciously.”
Two men aged 30 and 41 who were arrested in connection with the killing are currently being questioned by detectives.
A third man who was also held has been released with no further action being taken.
Anyone with information should call the incident room on 020 8785 8244 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.