Stonebridge: Gunshots fired outside a block of flats
Police are appealing for witnesses after gunshots were fired in Stonebridge
Gunshots were fired outside a block of flats late Monday afternoon, authorities say.
Police were called to reports of shots being fired outside Livingstone House, in Melville Road, Stonebridge at 4pm on Monday.
Witnesses said a group of black men had chased after two men while showering them with shots.
A man, 23, has been arrested for possession of a firearm, violent disorder and breach of an ASBO.
You may also want to watch:
Another man, 18, has been arrested for possession of a firearm, although no firearm has been recovered.
Detective Superintendent Kershaw said: “Brent Police are determined to stamp out guns on our streets and violence between our young people.
- 1 Photographer seeks people he took pictures of in the early 1990s
- 2 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 3 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
- 4 Resident calls for 'slum launderette' to be taken off Neasden street
- 5 Man in hospital following shooting in Neasden
- 6 The road closures to look out for as Euro 2020 kicks off at Wembley
- 7 Man arrested after Harlesden stabbing
- 8 Man charged with Colindale murder
- 9 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs
- 10 Appeal after passengers assaulted on buses in Cricklewood
“This incident could have been much worse than it is so far.
“I urge families and friends to challenge the early signs of violence or alert your police.
“The people of Brent must be committed to stopping another drop of blood falling onto our streets.”
Police are appealing for witnesses to contact Crmiestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.