Stonebridge: Gunshots fired outside a block of flats
Police are appealing for witnesses after gunshots were fired in Stonebridge
Gunshots were fired outside a block of flats late Monday afternoon, authorities say.
Police were called to reports of shots being fired outside Livingstone House, in Melville Road, Stonebridge at 4pm on Monday.
Witnesses said a group of black men had chased after two men while showering them with shots.
A man, 23, has been arrested for possession of a firearm, violent disorder and breach of an ASBO.
You may also want to watch:
Another man, 18, has been arrested for possession of a firearm, although no firearm has been recovered.
Detective Superintendent Kershaw said: “Brent Police are determined to stamp out guns on our streets and violence between our young people.
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 4 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 5 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 6 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 7 Join the Craic in Cricklewood as four-day music festival returns to London
- 8 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 9 Mayhew staff cull risk as animal charity is 'restructured'
- 10 Wembley sickle cell sufferer died due to 'neglect' at Northwick Park Hospital
“This incident could have been much worse than it is so far.
“I urge families and friends to challenge the early signs of violence or alert your police.
“The people of Brent must be committed to stopping another drop of blood falling onto our streets.”
Police are appealing for witnesses to contact Crmiestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.