Stonebridge footballer Jason Roberts launches family fitness and health programme
Reading striker was joined by his famous uncles and other sporting relatives
A big-hearted footballer has roped in his relatives in his quest to get families fitter and healthier.
Jason Roberts, who grew up in the Stonebridge Estate, was joined by uncles - former professional footballers - Cyrille Regis, David Regis and Otis Roberts, his sister – track and field athlete and Olympic hopeful - Yasmine Regis and Kenelm Robert – squash player, to launch his charity’s latest initiative.
The Jason Roberts Foundation was established by the Reading striker in 2007.
The charity promotes and provides sporting activities for children and young children in both the UK and in Grenada where Mr Roberts is from.
The foundation’s aptly-named family health and fitness programme aims to encourage families to get fit and to spend more time together.
The year-long programme, which has been funded by the Premier League and the Professional Footballers’ Association Community Fund, provides weekly sessions where families can engage in a wide range of sporting activities led by qualified coaches.
- 1 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in north London
- 2 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
- 3 Baby among three rescued from Willesden flat fire
- 4 Cricklewood estate reports 'major vermin' problem
- 5 Trial date for men charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 6 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 7 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 8 'Strictest' headteacher to be documentary subject
- 9 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in north London
- 10 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
Mr Roberts said: “My family have always been a great inspiration to me, and I believe parents and children can encourage each other to get fit and active by playing sport together.”
For more information or if you would like to register your family on the programme please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0208 963 9179.
For more information about the work of the foundation please visit www.jasonrobertsfoundation.com.