Stonebridge footballer Jason Roberts launches family fitness and health programme
Reading striker was joined by his famous uncles and other sporting relatives
A big-hearted footballer has roped in his relatives in his quest to get families fitter and healthier.
Jason Roberts, who grew up in the Stonebridge Estate, was joined by uncles - former professional footballers - Cyrille Regis, David Regis and Otis Roberts, his sister – track and field athlete and Olympic hopeful - Yasmine Regis and Kenelm Robert – squash player, to launch his charity’s latest initiative.
The Jason Roberts Foundation was established by the Reading striker in 2007.
The charity promotes and provides sporting activities for children and young children in both the UK and in Grenada where Mr Roberts is from.
You may also want to watch:
The foundation’s aptly-named family health and fitness programme aims to encourage families to get fit and to spend more time together.
The year-long programme, which has been funded by the Premier League and the Professional Footballers’ Association Community Fund, provides weekly sessions where families can engage in a wide range of sporting activities led by qualified coaches.
- 1 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 2 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 3 New QPR signing Moses Odubajo's story so far
- 4 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 5 Traffic disruption in Brent from August 2-8
- 6 Head of school attended by Tom Dean, Zadie Smith and Rachel Yankey set to retire
- 7 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 8 Petition launched to declare Brent a Right To Food borough
- 9 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 10 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
Mr Roberts said: “My family have always been a great inspiration to me, and I believe parents and children can encourage each other to get fit and active by playing sport together.”
For more information or if you would like to register your family on the programme please email email@example.com or phone 0208 963 9179.
For more information about the work of the foundation please visit www.jasonrobertsfoundation.com.