Steve Quashie named new QPR Women’s manager
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Steve Quashie has been appointed as QPR Women’s first team manager.
A lifelong Rs fan, Quashie has been involved in the girls development as head coach since 2005.
Speaking to qpr.co.uk, he said: "I'm delighted. I'm a lifelong QPR supporter so to manage a QPR first team is truly an honour.
"First of all, we want the players to feel good about themselves. We encourage them to play an expansive brand of football, to express themselves on and off the ball and for them to further develop in a positive and professional environment.
"In terms of aspirations we want to secure first position in our league as quickly as we can. We want to progress through the tiers, become a stronger outfit in the years to come and play at the highest possible level.
You may also want to watch:
"It's something we're all really looking forward to.
The club has recently had a restructure with the senior and newly-formed development side operating under QPR in the Community Trust to provide a direct pathway from the successful QPR Girls setup.
- 1 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 2 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 3 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 4 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 5 Head of school attended by Tom Dean, Zadie Smith and Rachel Yankey set to retire
- 6 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 7 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 8 Petition launched to declare Brent a Right To Food borough
- 9 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 10 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
Quashie will be assisted by coach Jon Whittingham and goalkeeping coach Callum Stahlmann.