Stars out for A-Star radio
By Ben Kosky DEXTER Blackstock has been hitting the net all season – so he should have no problem kicking off a new web radio station. Blackstock is one of several QPR players who will help to launch A-Star radio – the latest stage of the scheme set up by
By Ben Kosky
DEXTER Blackstock has been hitting the net all season - so he should have no problem kicking off a new web radio station.
Blackstock is one of several QPR players who will help to launch A-Star radio - the latest stage of the scheme set up by Rangers defender Fitz Hall and Fulham's Andy Johnson.
A-Star was established 18 months ago to help youngsters realise their talent instead of turning to crime and several footballers will be contributing to the internet station that begins broadcasting on Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
Hall told the Times: "It'll be mostly music, with myself and other players doing some interviews and chatting to kids, but I'm sure a few of the boys will do a bit of DJing as well.
"Mikele Leigertwood is a bit of a DJ and Rowan Vine fancies himself as an MC, so maybe there's a bit of talent at QPR that hasn't been spotted yet!
- 1 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs
- 2 Boyfriend of murder victim 'fell to knees' at discovering body in Kingsbury
- 3 Football fan in serious condition after falling from Wembley stand
- 4 Data shows Delta is fast-becoming Brent's dominant Covid-strain
- 5 Brent Chinese gets green light for alcohol delivery despite concerns
- 6 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 7 Two arrests after man shot and teenager stabbed in Queen's Park
- 8 Euro 2020: Dykes loses opener as Niko Hamalainen seals win with Finland
- 9 Man arrested after Harlesden stabbing
- 10 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
"We believe there are stars in the street who don't get seen or heard and hopefully we can encourage them."
Hall also organised a series of A-Star roadshows in London last year, including one at Westway Sports Centre, and further events will be held this summer.
The station will be launched at 6pm at The Suite recording studios (previously known as Utopia) in Primrose Hill.
Visit www.liveatthesuite.com for more information.