Stars out for A-Star radio
By Ben Kosky DEXTER Blackstock has been hitting the net all season – so he should have no problem kicking off a new web radio station. Blackstock is one of several QPR players who will help to launch A-Star radio – the latest stage of the scheme set up by
By Ben Kosky
DEXTER Blackstock has been hitting the net all season - so he should have no problem kicking off a new web radio station.
Blackstock is one of several QPR players who will help to launch A-Star radio - the latest stage of the scheme set up by Rangers defender Fitz Hall and Fulham's Andy Johnson.
A-Star was established 18 months ago to help youngsters realise their talent instead of turning to crime and several footballers will be contributing to the internet station that begins broadcasting on Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
Hall told the Times: "It'll be mostly music, with myself and other players doing some interviews and chatting to kids, but I'm sure a few of the boys will do a bit of DJing as well.
"Mikele Leigertwood is a bit of a DJ and Rowan Vine fancies himself as an MC, so maybe there's a bit of talent at QPR that hasn't been spotted yet!
- 1 Wembley bar issued final warning for late nights and Covid 'breach'
- 2 Thirteen arrested following trafficking raids in Kingsbury and Romania
- 3 Neighbours call on council to halt Neasden underpass housing plans
- 4 Petrol crisis: Brawls, long queues and empty stations across Brent
- 5 Kingsbury bar loses alcohol licence for hosting parties during pandemic
- 6 Pensioner slams Brent Council over 'hell' housing
- 7 Brondesbury park woman denies killing Wembley pensioner
- 8 Two men arrested in connection with Jeffrey Wegby killing
- 9 Man admits murdering waiter in Kilburn 38 years ago
- 10 Lib Dem resigns from Brent's budget scrutiny taskforce
"We believe there are stars in the street who don't get seen or heard and hopefully we can encourage them."
Hall also organised a series of A-Star roadshows in London last year, including one at Westway Sports Centre, and further events will be held this summer.
The station will be launched at 6pm at The Suite recording studios (previously known as Utopia) in Primrose Hill.
Visit www.liveatthesuite.com for more information.