Stars of the art world pledge support to Kensal Rise charity auction
Stella McCartney, Tracey Emin and David Hockney among names who have donated works to The Special Yoga Centre
Some of the biggest names in the art world have donated pieces to a Kensal Rise charity which will be auctioned at a star-studded event on Tuesday night.
Stella McCartney, Tracey Emin and David Hockney are just some of the artists who have contributed to raise money for The Special Yoga Centre, in Wrentham Avenue, which offers yoga therapy programmes to children and families with special needs.
The list of artists supporting the charity is growing and some are expected to attend the event called Raising the Roof at 20th Century Theatre, in Notting Hill.
Jo Manuel, founder of The Special Yoga Centre, said: “Art is good for the heart. It lifts the spirit and makes you happy.
You may also want to watch:
“We are very excited to offer some incredible art from some of the world’s most famous and talented artists, and all to raise money for children with special needs.
“It’s all very well to see something in a photograph on a computer screen but the art has started to arrive and it is mind-blowing. In real life the pieces are spectacular.
- 1 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 2 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 3 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 4 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 5 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 6 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
- 7 Travellers eviction from Dollis Hill road highlights needs for sites
- 8 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 9 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 10 Labour wins Brondesbury Park in tightly contested by-election
“We want to make a lot of people, very happy.”
Doors open at 6pm and tickets cost �60. Money raised will go towards yoga therapy for children with special needs.
To find out more visit http://specialyoga.org.uk/event/art-auction
If you can’t make the auction on May 15, you can bid from the comfort of your own home online.
Alternatively email email@example.com or call 020 8968 1900.
List of artists who have contributed to the auction include:
Alice Instone, Angela De La Cruz, Banksy, Bethany Murray, Bob Carlos Clarke, Christophe Von Hohenberg, Damien Hirst, Dan McDermott, David Bailey, David Dawson, David Bray, David Hockney, Gavin Turk, Gill Rocca, Henri Matisse, Jamie Reid, Jane Simpson, Jeremy Houghton, Keke Vilabelda, Lucie Bennett, Lucille Dweck, Marc Quinn, Maria Marshall, Mary McCartney, Nasser Azam, Olly and Suzi, Phyllida Barlow, Polly Morgan, Rachel Howard, Richard Graham Sean Edwards, Stella McCartney, Tracey Emin, Venetia Dearden.