St Luke’s Hospice staff in Kenton launch Bubble Rush fundraiser
- Credit: Archant
Staff at a Kenton hospice launched their Bubble Rush fundraiser by holding a mini foamy fun run for themselves.
Colleagues at St Luke’s Hospice in Kenton Road took a break from work to race each other through pink bubbles and foam.
The official Bubble Rush mascot Finn the Fish also joined in and presented the winners of the race with their medals and prizes – no easy task with giant blue fins.
The Main Bubble Rush event is on September 23 at Kenton Recreation ground when more than 1,000 participants of all ages will run, walk or toddle around the 5k multi-coloured foam. You can bring your dog.
The charity offers free palliative care to those in Brent and Harrow with illnesses that are no longer curable, supporting their families at the same time.
To continue its work it relies on the community for more than 75 per cent of its funding. It asks for a minimum of £100 sponsorship per Bubble Rush participant.
- 1 QPR looking to strengthen squad in January transfer window
- 2 ‘Black girls can game too’: Wembley woman wants to inspire young girls with gaming videos
- 3 Wembley: Anger as council 'bullies' opposition over library demolition
- 4 New Willesden kebab shop promises 40 jobs to locals
- 5 Guilty: Man killed father who defended son from knife attack in Willesden
- 6 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 7 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
- 8 Parents lobby for improved road safety on Harrow Road
- 9 Drunk Euro 2020 football fan 'saved from Wembley fall by Brent Council employee'
- 10 Bid for amazing prizes to support Queen's Park and Kensal charities