St Luke’s Hospice launches drive to find charity skydivers
- Credit: Archant
A charity in Kenton is inviting brave volunteers to take part in a skydive to raise thousands of pounds on their behalf.
St Luke’s Hospice in Kenton Road, needs supporters to take the plunge from the sky at 10,000ft on April 25.
Last year’s event raised £49,000 and they are hoping to exceed that amount in 2015.
Mary Foley, from Preston Road, Wembley, will be facing her fears by taking part this year.
She said: “This will be a real challenge for me as I have a fear of heights but having successfully completed St Luke’s abseil last year, I feel ready to take on a bigger challenge with some trepidation but also great excitement.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m doing this skydive in memory of my father John Pearson who passed away in November 2012 at the age of 92 following a long battle with dementia and also in memory my mother Ruth Pearson who was a great supporter of St Luke’s.
“Before the onset of his dementia, my father once mentioned to me that given the opportunity he would have liked to do a skydive. I remembered this conversation and it set me thinking that perhaps one day I could fulfil this ambition for him in his memory.”
- 1 Derelict land in Kenton transformed by community bio diversity project
- 2 Doctor fears another covid lockdown as vaccine take up 'wanes'
- 3 Women have access to free period packs in six Brent locations
- 4 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 5 QPR 'didn't do enough to win the game' in Peterborough defeat
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 8 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 9 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 10 'Universal credit cut is the worst possible decision at the worst possible time'
The deadline to register to take part is February 16.
There is a non-refundable deposit of £50 and if you raise £400 through sponsorship the cost of your skydive is free.
If you would like to take part contact Marlon Burton on 020 8382 8056 or visitstlukes-hospice.org/skydive.