Spurs football club to host job fair in Wembley Park
- Credit: Tottenham Hotspur FC via Getty I
Spurs football club is holding a jobs fair in Wembley Park for all those looking for work, in particular ex-offenders.
Fifty employers from a range of industries will be at Wembley Stadium from 1pm to 4.30pm tomorrow afternoon, at an event hosted by Tottenham Hotspur Football Club.
Jobs on offer include hospitality, catering, stewarding, security, health care, retail, and construction.
The event is also an opportunity for employers who currently employ ex-offenders to offer advice and showcase success stories to businesses who do not currently do so.
One of the organisations delivering a workshop will be the Tottenham Hotspur Foundation, the club’s charitable arm that has piloted a Resettlement programme for 140 offenders approaching their release date from HMP Wormwood Scrubs.
You may also want to watch:
Myton Brown, 21, said: “When I went to prison I was isolated and lost confidence, while my hopes of finding a career faded.
“My Tottenham Hotspur Foundation mentor, Kieran, was the one who stuck by me, helping me into my current role with a railway maintenance firm and thanks to him I’m now looking forward to the future.”
- 1 Derelict land in Kenton transformed by community bio diversity project
- 2 Doctor fears another covid lockdown as vaccine take up 'wanes'
- 3 Women have access to free period packs in six Brent locations
- 4 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 5 QPR 'didn't do enough to win the game' in Peterborough defeat
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 8 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 9 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 10 'Universal credit cut is the worst possible decision at the worst possible time'
No pre-registration is required to attend the Jobs Fair.