South Kilburn redevelopment project celebrates end of phase one
The Kilburn Wells development in Albert Road consists of 153 homes
A multi-million project to redevelopment South Kilburn has reached a milestone following the completion of its first phase.
The Kilburn Wells development consisting of 153 homes in Albert Road, were officially opened at a ceremony attended by Cllr Muhammed Butt, leader of Brent Council, today (Monday).
The scheme has been developed by L&Q housing association and its construction partner Denne.
During its construction around 30 local young people worked on the scheme while receiving training to get their CSCS (Construction Industry Certification scheme) cards.
You may also want to watch:
Unveiling a plaque to commemorate the milestone, Cllr Butt, said: “Regeneration gives people better quality homes and brings more opportunities and jobs into the area.”
- 1 Daughter buys winning Set For Life lottery ticket for mum's birthday
- 2 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
- 3 Photographer seeks people he took pictures of in the early 1990s
- 4 The road closures to look out for as Euro 2020 kicks off at Wembley
- 5 Father's Day 2021: Authors from Kingsbury and Kilburn share experiences of being a dad
- 6 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 7 Resident calls for 'slum launderette' to be taken off Neasden street
- 8 Appeal after passengers assaulted on buses in Cricklewood
- 9 Man in hospital following shooting in Neasden
- 10 Man arrested after Harlesden stabbing