South Kilburn redevelopment project celebrates end of phase one
The Kilburn Wells development in Albert Road consists of 153 homes
A multi-million project to redevelopment South Kilburn has reached a milestone following the completion of its first phase.
The Kilburn Wells development consisting of 153 homes in Albert Road, were officially opened at a ceremony attended by Cllr Muhammed Butt, leader of Brent Council, today (Monday).
The scheme has been developed by L&Q housing association and its construction partner Denne.
During its construction around 30 local young people worked on the scheme while receiving training to get their CSCS (Construction Industry Certification scheme) cards.
You may also want to watch:
Unveiling a plaque to commemorate the milestone, Cllr Butt, said: “Regeneration gives people better quality homes and brings more opportunities and jobs into the area.”
- 1 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 2 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 3 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 4 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 5 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 6 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
- 7 QPR determined to remain among Championship front-runners
- 8 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 9 15 questions to quiz how well you know Brent
- 10 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley