South Kilburn Enterprise Awards to celebrate champions of local community
- Credit: Archant
The inaugural event, recognising business and enterprise success in the area, will take place at South Kilburn Studios on February 28.
The awards will round off a month-long programme of business-focused activities taking place in South Kilburn as part of the Trust’s Love Business Month.
A variety of workshops, seminars and networking events will tackle tricky topics including tax, sales, how to start a business as well as social media among others.
The events aim to cater to everyone from keen business enthusiasts with a wealth of experience to those taking their very first steps in the industry culminating in the first ever South Kilburn Enterprise Awards.
Around 50 entrepreneurs and businesses including music producers, artists, sports coaching companies and fashion desingers operate from South Kilburn while a large number of those reside in the iconic South Kilburn Studios.
While a number of entrepreneurs from the area have gone on to gain recognition for their work in their chosen fields, the Trust aims to showcase the achievements of local residents and businesses in the community.
“So if you know someone over the last year that needs celebrating, we want to recognise that,” said the Trust’s CEO Mark Allan.
- 1 Man in stable condition following collision with a van in Neasden
- 2 Guilty: Man killed father who defended son from knife attack in Willesden
- 3 'Security alert' at Willesden Junction causing severe delays on TfL network
- 4 Motorcyclist, 34, dies at Staples Corner Flyover
- 5 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
- 6 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 7 New Brent baby bank to support 40 families per week
- 8 Possible traffic disruptions in north London this week
- 9 Wembley fitness instructor stopped man taking his own life
- 10 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
Of the Love Business Month, he continued: “The aim of it is about that entrepreneurial spirit that exists among young people in the area.
“We wanted to harness that, really.
“Often, with areas like South Kilburn it is about giving people access to the support an opportunities someone living in a different area might have.”
The awards are open to residents and businesses based in South Kilburn and interested parties can nominate themselves.
Award categories will include; Innovator, The Give Back Award, Young Entrepreneur, Entrepreneur of the Year, Filling the Gap and Successful Start-Up.
The winners from each category will be chosen by a specialist panel.
Nominations opened on January 25 and will close on February 16.
South Kilburn Love Business Month is supported by Wates Living Space and Brent Housing Partnership.
The programme of events will take place beginning February 6 at South Kilburn Studios until February 28.
For information on the full programme of events visit www.southkilburnnw6.london.