Son of Martin Luther King to give talk in Neasden
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
The son of American civil rights leader Martin Luther King will be giving an exclusive talk in Neasden on Wednesday.
Martin Luther King III will discuss leadership and community development at his only speaking engagement during his short visit to London.
The 56-year-old has followed in the footsteps of his late parents through his work as a civil rights activist and a global humanitarian.
The eldest child of Dr King and Coretta Scott King, he has dedicated his life to creating and implementing strategic nonviolent action to rid the world of social, political, and economic injustice.
His father was assassinated in April 1968 at the age of 39 and his mother died in 2006 at the age of 78 from cancer.
You may also want to watch:
Mr King will be speaking at a special event organised by CVS Brent and ABi Associates taking place at the Grange, Neasden Lane, from 10.30pm to noon.
- 1 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 4 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 5 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 6 15 questions to quiz how well you know Brent
- 7 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 8 QPR determined to remain among Championship front-runners
- 9 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
- 10 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer