Sixth arrest in connection with Luke Fitzpatrick murder in Dollis Hill
Boy 16 and 20-year-old man being questioned
Six people have now been arrested in connection with the murder of Luke Fitzpatrick in Dollis Hill.
The 25-year-old roofer was stabbed to death in Crest Road, at the junction of Alder Grove, on Saturday at around 11.30pm.
He had been watching the Champions League final at the Ox and Gate pub in Oxgate Lane, shortly before he was killed.
A post-mortem gave cause of death as stab wounds.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Fitzpatrick’s 56-year-old father, Bernie, was also knife as he tried to protect his son. He is in hospital in a serious condition.
A 16-year-old boy was arrested last night and 20-year-old man this morning. Both are in custody at north-west London police stations.
- 1 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 4 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 5 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 6 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 7 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 8 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 9 'Cowardly' government accused by Brent MP of siding with 'bad bosses'
- 10 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
Luke’s death has rocked the community in Dollis Hill and friends and family have been leaving tributes at the spot where he died.
Speaking to the Times, Detective Superintendent Steve Kershaw, said: “Brent Police are working closely with the MPS Murder Command - and the local community.
“It is imperative that we all remain calm and allow the Murder Squad to do their investigation.
“This is a time for reflection and soul searching as to how two groups from our community ended up clashing in this manner. We must not allow this to continue.”
Two men, both aged 17, and a 31-year-old man were arrested in connection with the murder on the night Mr Fitzpatrick was killed. A 23-year-old was arrested on Monday on suspicion of murder at an address in Wembley. He remains in custody.
Anyone with information should call the incident room on 020 8358 0400 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.