Singer A*M*E visits Radio Northwick Park to promote youth volunteering
- Credit: Archant
Chart-topping singer A*M*E joined a hospital radio team in Sudbury to promote youth volunteering.
The 18-year-old, who featured on Duke Dumont number one single ‘Need U (100%)’, visited Radio Northwick Park and Northwick Park Hospital in Watford Road, to get a taste of volunteering for the station.
Her visit will feature in a documentary, which is airing on 4Music, as part of its Taking Care of Summer Campaign.
Jade Wight, volunteers coordinator who visited the wards with A*M*E, said: “It was a wonderful opportunity to have A*M*E volunteer with Radio Northwick Park for the evening.
“It was a pleasure to show her the work we do and to introduce her to some of the patients we directly affect. I really hope that young people watching A*M*E volunteer with us will be inspired to help their local community.”
You may also want to watch:
The charity, which broadcasts to patients in the hospital, has more than150 volunteers visiting patients every day.
- 1 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 2 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 3 QPR boss Warburton pleased with performance in Leicester draw
- 4 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 5 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 6 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 7 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 8 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 9 Traffic disruption in Brent from August 2-8
- 10 Petition launched to declare Brent a Right To Food borough