Shoppers invited to spend a penny in Wembley
New toilets opened in shopping plaza
THE regeneration of a town centre will be flushed with success thanks to the opening of new toilets for shoppers.
Visitors to Wembley Central can spend a penny at the new lavatories situated in the heart of the new shopping plaza on the High Road.
The toilets are part of the �90million regeneration of Wembley town centre that has already seen the opening of a flagship TK Maxx store and fashion-chains Peacocks and Bon Marche.
The dedicated team who manage the town centre ensured users were smelling of roses by handed out flowers and balloons at its opening on Valentine’s Day.
You may also want to watch:
John Malyon, centre manager of Wembley Central said: “People want to use toilets which are clean and secure, so they can shop in comfort. The local area hasn’t had a public convenience for a long time and we’re putting that right.
“By launching them on Valentine’s Day we are helping to get them noticed and give people another reason to love coming to Wembley Central.”
- 1 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 2 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 3 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 4 Call for teams for football tournament in memory of Josh Hanson
- 5 Kensal Rise Triathlon team raises £130,800 for local charities
- 6 Repair Shop's Jay Blades hosts bingo for older Londoners
- 7 Neasden neighbours' petition against parking and fines plan
- 8 QPR boss Warburton 'frustrated' with defeat away to Bournemouth
- 9 'Erratic, violent' man given indefinite hospital order for killing 'friendly' neighbour in Wembley
- 10 Police looking for man in Wembley after 'threats to kill'
The toilets will be open seven days a week from 8.30am till 5pm and monitored ever hour.
They can be accessed through the plaza by the lifts and stairs to the car park, adjacent to Ramsey House and Manor Court.