Shoppers invited to spend a penny in Wembley
New toilets opened in shopping plaza
THE regeneration of a town centre will be flushed with success thanks to the opening of new toilets for shoppers.
Visitors to Wembley Central can spend a penny at the new lavatories situated in the heart of the new shopping plaza on the High Road.
The toilets are part of the �90million regeneration of Wembley town centre that has already seen the opening of a flagship TK Maxx store and fashion-chains Peacocks and Bon Marche.
The dedicated team who manage the town centre ensured users were smelling of roses by handed out flowers and balloons at its opening on Valentine’s Day.
You may also want to watch:
John Malyon, centre manager of Wembley Central said: “People want to use toilets which are clean and secure, so they can shop in comfort. The local area hasn’t had a public convenience for a long time and we’re putting that right.
“By launching them on Valentine’s Day we are helping to get them noticed and give people another reason to love coming to Wembley Central.”
- 1 Men jailed after Leon Maxwell gunned down in Queensbury
- 2 Human remains found in Neasden believed to be missing Agnes Akom
- 3 Appeal for information after man shot in Stonebridge
- 4 Search continues for Agnes Akom after human remains found in Neasden
- 5 Two arrests after man shot and teenager stabbed in Queen's Park
- 6 'Piercing scream' heard night two sisters killed in Kingsbury park
- 7 Mass vaccination event taking place at Bridge Park Community Centre
- 8 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs
- 9 Man to appear at Old Bailey charged with murder of missing Agnes Akom
- 10 'I had to develop a thick skin': England's first black footballer Benjamin Odeje on encountering racism
The toilets will be open seven days a week from 8.30am till 5pm and monitored ever hour.
They can be accessed through the plaza by the lifts and stairs to the car park, adjacent to Ramsey House and Manor Court.