Shoppers chose The Mayhew Animal Home as supermarket’s charity partner
- Credit: Archant
Sainsbury’s in Willesden will work with rescue centre in Kensal Green
Shoppers at a supermarket in Willesden have picked an animal rescue centre in Kensal Green as its local charity partner for the next year.
The Mayhew Animal Home in Trenmar Gardens, has been unveiled as the charity nominated by customers at Sainsbury’s in High Road, as their favourite cause.
The sanctuary, which was founded in 1886, helps thousands of dogs, cats, rabbits and other animals escape a life of abandonment, neglect and cruelty each year.
The Mayhew will work together with the store to fundraise, raise awareness and recruit volunteers over the next 12 months.
You may also want to watch:
Caroline Yates, The Mayhew’s CEO, said: “We are absolutely delighted to hear that Sainsbury’s Willesden Green has chosen The Mayhew as its Local Charity partner. We look forward to working together this coming year with Sainsbury’s colleagues to raise funds for the dogs, cats and rabbits we have in our care. “We are honoured to be nominated by the local community.”
The news comes as the charity was forced to take in yet another pet cruelly abandoned by his owner.
- 1 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 2 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 3 New QPR signing Moses Odubajo's story so far
- 4 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 5 Traffic disruption in Brent from August 2-8
- 6 Head of school attended by Tom Dean, Zadie Smith and Rachel Yankey set to retire
- 7 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 8 Petition launched to declare Brent a Right To Food borough
- 9 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 10 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
Panda was found zipped up in a suitcase, dumped and left to die by a member of the public.
She is now in the safe care of the Mayhew until she can be found a new home.
Sainsbury’s will help to promote The Mayhew animals available for adoption in store, including Panda, and recruit new adopters and foster carers for the animals.
More information about The Mayhew can be found at www.mayhew.org.