Sharp pair spot suspect
by Lorraine King Friday the 13th was an exceptionally unlucky day for one schoolboy, thanks to a pair of eagle-eyed PSCOs. PCSO Mark Jackson and PCSO Linda Marie Brown, right, from Brent s Safer Transport Team gave chase after they spotti
by Lorraine King
Friday the 13th was an exceptionally unlucky day for one schoolboy, thanks to a pair of eagle-eyed PSCOs.
PCSO Mark Jackson and PCSO Linda Marie Brown, right, from Brent's Safer Transport Team gave chase after they spotting a group acting suspiciously in an alleyway off Willesden High Road.
After apprehending the 12-year-old they discovered he was wanted by Acton Police in connection with robberies in and around Park Royal Tube station.
The schoolboy from Barnet was arrested and has since been bailed until next month by Ealing CID.
Praising the pair, PS Chris Simpkins from Brent's Safer Transport Team said: "This was an excellent piece of work by the two officers.
- 1 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 2 Women attacked on way home from night out in Wembley
- 3 Brent scheme helping people with disabilities after Covid
- 4 HS2: Government hails 'incredible momentum' as Old Oak Common work continues
- 5 North London road and rail disruptions in the week ahead
- 6 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 7 West Hampstead and Kilburn up first for new team to battle fly-tipping
- 8 'Grandfather of Kensal Rise': Barber Gee Artrey dies at 86
- 9 Wembley man who used child to sell drugs due in court
- 10 Four adults and child rescued from roof as blaze destroys flat
"They provided radio commentary to guide other officers to the vicinity, detained the male while awaiting police assistance and played a major role in detaining an active robbery suspect."