Sharp pair spot suspect
by Lorraine King Friday the 13th was an exceptionally unlucky day for one schoolboy, thanks to a pair of eagle-eyed PSCOs. PCSO Mark Jackson and PCSO Linda Marie Brown, right, from Brent s Safer Transport Team gave chase after they spotti
by Lorraine King
Friday the 13th was an exceptionally unlucky day for one schoolboy, thanks to a pair of eagle-eyed PSCOs.
PCSO Mark Jackson and PCSO Linda Marie Brown, right, from Brent's Safer Transport Team gave chase after they spotting a group acting suspiciously in an alleyway off Willesden High Road.
After apprehending the 12-year-old they discovered he was wanted by Acton Police in connection with robberies in and around Park Royal Tube station.
The schoolboy from Barnet was arrested and has since been bailed until next month by Ealing CID.
Praising the pair, PS Chris Simpkins from Brent's Safer Transport Team said: "This was an excellent piece of work by the two officers.
- 1 Flats approved for Brondesbury Park
- 2 Plan for creating 25,500 homes around 'HS2 Superhub' passed
- 3 Census 2021: What has changed in your borough since 2011?
- 4 Two charged after police discharge taser during Kingsbury vehicle stop
- 5 Most wanted: 6 people sought in connection with 10 robberies across London
- 6 2 men attacked by group after fight breaks out at Queensbury Tube Station
- 7 Covid admissions on the rise at north London hospitals
- 8 Former bingo hall in Burnt Oak to become co-working and co-living space
- 9 Wembley school opens new special educational needs facility
- 10 Road closed after man's death in Willesden
"They provided radio commentary to guide other officers to the vicinity, detained the male while awaiting police assistance and played a major role in detaining an active robbery suspect."