Sex and the City’s Kim Cattrall wows Kilburn
KIM CATTRALL wowed Sex and the City fans last week [May28] by making an appearance at the Tricycle cinema to mark the launch of the film s eagerly anticipated sequel. Swapping Samantha s distinctive couture for denim jeans and a stylish blazer, the st
KIM CATTRALL wowed Sex and the City fans last week [May28] by making an appearance at the Tricycle cinema to mark the launch of the film's eagerly anticipated sequel.
Swapping Samantha's distinctive couture for denim jeans and a stylish blazer, the star answered questions at an exclusive Q&A event accompanied by cocktails and a screening of the film.
The sell-out event saw Kim make no secret of her love of the stage, and the actress said playing Samantha gave her the chance to highlight the importance of local theatres:
"Playing Samantha is an extraordinary experience which has only become more rewarding," she said.
You may also want to watch:
"She has given me an incredible platform to do other things, to write books, to become a producer, and my favourite thing, to come here to be part of the theatre community."
Kim also explained why she thought the series was such a success:
- 1 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 2 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 3 New QPR signing Moses Odubajo's story so far
- 4 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 5 Traffic disruption in Brent from August 2-8
- 6 Head of school attended by Tom Dean, Zadie Smith and Rachel Yankey set to retire
- 7 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 8 Petition launched to declare Brent a Right To Food borough
- 9 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 10 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
"I think that these four characters together represent one complete woman, and that's why it's so relatable, because you can start the morning as Charlotte, have an afternoon like Miranda, and hopefully an evening like Samantha!"
Aspiring real-life Sex and the City characters Mitzi Doney, a make up artist of St.Julian's Road, flatmates Luisa Mulinas, 28, Amy Solomons, 26, and Jonnie Morris, 27, of Minster Road also praised the Tricycle for the A-List event: "We live just down the road, and we've been saying that we want to go somewhere to have cocktails," said Mitzi.
"But where can you have cocktails in Kilburn? So when we walked past and it said there were cocktails and that Kim Cattrall's coming, we were like, we have to go!"
And it was not just the ladies who were enjoying the evening. Michael Loungo, 38, of Kingdon Road, went with wife Andrea to see Kim and watch the film. He said:
"Going to the cinema is something we like to do, and we've been looking forward to coming here to this local venue and seeing the show.