Seventh heaven for fundraisers
EGGHEADS proved they had what it takes when it came to scrambling the opposition all in the name of charity. The seventh annual Paul Daisley Trust Quiz saw record numbers turn out to support the organisation in an evening of questions, beer and fish and
EGGHEADS proved they had what it takes when it came to scrambling the opposition all in the name of charity.
The seventh annual Paul Daisley Trust Quiz saw record numbers turn out to support the organisation in an evening of questions, beer and fish and chips.
More than �1,000 was raised from the quiz night alone, which was won by a team led by Maureen O'Sullivan of Brent Council's committee section on Friday last week.
The Trust was set up in 2003 following the death of Brent East MP, Paul Daisley from colon cancer and aims to raise awareness of the disease and provide support to those suffering with the condition.
You may also want to watch:
Lesley Daisley said: "This is the seventh annual Paul Daisley Trust Quiz and it is the most successful ever in terms of the numbers of people attending and the money raised for a good cause, which is more than �1,400.
"Thank you to everyone taking part and to all those who helped make it a success, especially Richard Cotton for organising the event and the town hall staff who work so hard behind the scenes."
- 1 Two arrests after man shot and teenager stabbed in Queen's Park
- 2 Human remains found in Neasden believed to be missing Agnes Akom
- 3 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs
- 4 'Piercing scream' heard night two sisters killed in Kingsbury park
- 5 Boyfriend of murder victim 'fell to knees' at discovering body in Kingsbury
- 6 Photographer seeks people he took pictures of in the early 1990s
- 7 Data shows Delta is fast-becoming Brent's dominant Covid-strain
- 8 Euro 2020: Dykes loses opener as Niko Hamalainen seals win with Finland
- 9 Teenager killed sisters in 'sacrifice' deal with the devil, court hears
- 10 Brent Chinese gets green light for alcohol delivery despite concerns
For more information about the Paul Daisley Trust visit pauldaisleytrust.com