Seven people in Brent chasing each job vacancy in the borough
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Figures complained by UNISON show Hackney is the worst hit area in London
There are almost seven unemployed people in Brent chasing every vacant job in the borough, according to a union.
Figures compiled by UNISON show that 6.7 people in receipt of Job Seekers Allowance in the borough are chasing the same advertised job.
The average for London is seven.
Brent is number 17 out of all 33 boroughs with Hackney topping the list with 20.6 people chasing each vacancy.
You may also want to watch:
The lowest with 0.2 is City of London.
- 1 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 2 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 3 View from the community - 'Could another riot happen?'
- 4 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 5 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 6 Former Brent school boy Tom Dean beats Covid to win Gold at the Tokyo Olympics
- 7 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
- 8 Letter on banning wearing of religious symbols
- 9 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 10 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield