Seven people in Brent chasing each job vacancy in the borough
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Figures complained by UNISON show Hackney is the worst hit area in London
There are almost seven unemployed people in Brent chasing every vacant job in the borough, according to a union.
Figures compiled by UNISON show that 6.7 people in receipt of Job Seekers Allowance in the borough are chasing the same advertised job.
The average for London is seven.
Brent is number 17 out of all 33 boroughs with Hackney topping the list with 20.6 people chasing each vacancy.
You may also want to watch:
The lowest with 0.2 is City of London.
- 1 Brent Council ordered to apologise and pay wheelchair user £27,000
- 2 'It's heartbreaking': Volunteer slams Mayhew Animal Charity plans
- 3 Review: Masalchi street food restaurant in Wembley Park
- 4 QPR boss Warburton 'stunned' by Carabao Cup exit
- 5 Brent's parks and gardens are big winners of London in Bloom awards
- 6 Brent's community lead offers condolences to murdered sisters' families
- 7 'Unacceptable' failings in Met's handling of missing sisters
- 8 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 9 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines