Senior care company delivers Christmas gifts to older residents in Brent
- Credit: Archant
A senior care company brought festive cheer to older residents in the borough thanks to their festive gift-giving scheme.
Local traders and healthcare professionals gave generosity to support Home Instead Senior Care ‘Be a Santa to a Senior’ campaign, which is aimed at giving presents to older residents community who may be lonely during Christmas and the New Year..
The company’s employees wrapped the gifts and distributed them to older people living in local sheltered accommodation in early December.
Sylvia Sawa, director and owner of Home Instead in Brent, said: “We had a fantastic time running ‘Be a Santa to a Senior’ and are thrilled with its success.
“The local businesses and health care professionals we approached were amazing and really got behind what we were trying to do, it’s wonderful how everyone has worked together to bring a bit of festive cheer to older people in our local community this Christmas.
“I’d like to say a big thank you to everyone that donated gifts and made all of this possible.”
Home Instead are delighted with the success of the scheme and are already making plans for next year.
- 1 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
- 2 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 3 Man stabbed in Harlesden High Street
- 4 'It's about belief," says QPR boss ahead of Stoke clash
- 5 Cricklewood man appears in court accused of Golders Green rape
- 6 Motorcyclist, 34, dies at Staples Corner Flyover
- 7 Almost 800 homes to be built next to Wembley Stadium
- 8 Harlesden TSB branch faces the axe
- 9 Dogs kill 'much-loved pet' in Brent park attack
- 10 Wembley man, 18, used schoolboy to sell drug-infused sweets