Second ‘Love Harlesden Day’ will take place tomorrow
The day promises a mixture of entertainment from residents, stalls and a variety of food from around the world
The second Love Harlesden Day come to NW10 organised by the Harlesden Town Team.
Held in the Salvation Army Hall, in Manor Park Road, Harlesden, the day promises a mixture of entertainment from residents, stalls and a variety of food from around the world.
Highlights will include performances from pupils of John Keble School, music from a Brazilian choir and the premiere of a short documentary on Harlesden life made by the pupils of Newman Catholic College, in Harlesden Road.
Free refreshments will be provided in the main hall while there will be other stalls for retail therapy and a little pampering.
You may also want to watch:
Harlesden Gallery will also be displaying works by local artists and the winners of Harlesden Town Team’s Top Shop Awards will also be crowned.
All the businesses have been nominated by shoppers, from chain stores to independent high street-gems like Sparks and Zaks.
- 1 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 2 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 3 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 4 Hospitality Day: Your favourite Brent cafe revealed
- 5 Mark Warburton insists QPR on right track despite Bristol City defeat
- 6 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 7 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 8 Hospitality Day: Your favourite restaurant... REVEALED
- 9 Call for teams for football tournament in memory of Josh Hanson
- 10 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
With six categories, the awards show the wide variety of businesses and services that can be found in the town centre at the moment.
Leroy Simpson, Town Team chairman, is looking forward to the day. He said: “This is a chance for local people and businesses to get together to enjoy a fun day right in the centre Harlesden.
“We’ll be celebrating the achievements of Town Team over the past year and looking to the future.”
Since 2010, the Harlesden Town Team has been involved in improving the area.
They put on social events throughout the year helping to engage residents with the community.
The celebration of all things Harlesden carries on in the Misty Moon, in Manor Park Road, straight afterwards from 5pm. Admission is free.
To find out more about the Harlesden Town Team visit http://harlesdentownteam.org/