Second ‘Love Harlesden Day’ will take place tomorrow
The day promises a mixture of entertainment from residents, stalls and a variety of food from around the world
The second Love Harlesden Day come to NW10 organised by the Harlesden Town Team.
Held in the Salvation Army Hall, in Manor Park Road, Harlesden, the day promises a mixture of entertainment from residents, stalls and a variety of food from around the world.
Highlights will include performances from pupils of John Keble School, music from a Brazilian choir and the premiere of a short documentary on Harlesden life made by the pupils of Newman Catholic College, in Harlesden Road.
Free refreshments will be provided in the main hall while there will be other stalls for retail therapy and a little pampering.
Harlesden Gallery will also be displaying works by local artists and the winners of Harlesden Town Team’s Top Shop Awards will also be crowned.
All the businesses have been nominated by shoppers, from chain stores to independent high street-gems like Sparks and Zaks.
- 1 Teenager killed in Stonebridge after collision with a car
- 2 'London’s smallest bus lane' earns Harrow Council £440,000
- 3 Below-par QPR found a way to win at Coventry says Warburton
- 4 Teenager grabbed and pulled towards car in broad daylight
- 5 Adomah's late goal wins it for QPR at Coventry
- 6 Brent LTN removal set to be financed from 'existing council budgets'
- 7 Women attacked on way home from night out in Wembley
- 8 Residents lose appeal to save Brent leisure centre
- 9 Sudbury: Plan for 52 one-bed flats falls through after appeal
- 10 Wembley man who used child to sell drugs due in court
With six categories, the awards show the wide variety of businesses and services that can be found in the town centre at the moment.
Leroy Simpson, Town Team chairman, is looking forward to the day. He said: “This is a chance for local people and businesses to get together to enjoy a fun day right in the centre Harlesden.
“We’ll be celebrating the achievements of Town Team over the past year and looking to the future.”
Since 2010, the Harlesden Town Team has been involved in improving the area.
They put on social events throughout the year helping to engage residents with the community.
The celebration of all things Harlesden carries on in the Misty Moon, in Manor Park Road, straight afterwards from 5pm. Admission is free.
To find out more about the Harlesden Town Team visit http://harlesdentownteam.org/