Second fire in three days on the same Queen’s Park street leaves woman needing medical treatment
Resident taken to hospital suffering from the effects of smoke inhalation following blaze in Portnall Road
A woman has been treated for smoke inhalation and another had to rescued from a burning building following two fires in three days in the same street in Queens Park.
Around four fire engines and 20 fire fighters rushed to the address in Portnall Road at around 1pm this afternoon.
Two men and two women had already escaped the property, which suffered damage to the first floor, one of the women was treated for smoke inhalation and taken to hospital.
The fire was under control by around 1.50pm.
You may also want to watch:
Just two days previously on Saturday, April 28, a woman had to be rescued from a burning flat in the early hours of the morning.
Two fire engines and around 10 fire-fighters were called to the same street at around 1:39am and had to bring the woman to safety from the first floor.
- 1 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
- 2 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 3 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 4 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 5 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 6 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 7 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 8 Vale Farm Sports Centre offering facilities for free from May 17
- 9 Election 2021: All the candidates for mayor of London
- 10 Man stabbed to death at Brent Cross Shopping Centre
A further five people had fled the building before they arrived.
The blaze was under control by 2:54am.
The causes of the fires are under investigation and it is not yet known if they are linked.