Second branch of award-winning community café opens in Wembley
- Credit: Archant
The owner of an award-winning community café in Kilburn has opened a second branch in Wembley.
Lounge Café now offers affordable meals inside Chalkhill Community Centre in Chalkhill Road.
The eatery, run by Kingsbury resident Maria Kuehn, aims to accommodate all its customers, and if it’s not on the menu they aim to make it for you.
Ms Kuehn, who is also the head chef, said: “We wanted to create a place in Wembley where everyone could come and lounge in.
“The café in Kilburn has become a safe haven for many local folk.
You may also want to watch:
“We know most of our customers by their first name and however small the budget, our aim is to make our customers feel looked after.”
Last year Lounge Café in Kingsgate Community Centre in Kingsgate Road, won a Time Out Love London Award and was described by judges as “small, intimate community cafe that serves an eclectic menu.”
Ms Kuehn, who writes a food column for the Brent & Kilburn Times, has also won a number of accolades including the recipe category of the Observer awards in 2011 and beating Gordon Ramsey in a curry contest held by Olive magazine.
- 1 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 4 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 5 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 6 15 questions to quiz how well you know Brent
- 7 QPR determined to remain among Championship front-runners
- 8 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 9 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
- 10 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer