Search for missing mother, 21, and young son from East Sussex spreads to Brent
- Credit: Archant
The search for a 21-year-old woman and her 18-month old son from East Sussex who went missing on New Years Eve has been widened to Willesden.
Ileana Tomoiaga and her son Daniel were last seen leaving their home in Uckfield, on December 31 at 2.30pm.
She said she was the nearby Tesco Express to buy a bottle of wine and a phone charger but there is no evidence she arrived there or at any other local shops.
Detectives investigating her disappearance have broadened the search to Willesden as Ms Tomoiaga previously lived in the area.
Messages they have left on her Facebook page have gone unanswered.
You may also want to watch:
The young mother speaks English, with a Romanian accent and is 5ft 5in, slim with long red straight hair and a pale skin.
At the time of her disappearance she was wearing a black leather jacket, black trousers and brown boots.
- 1 QPR 'didn't do enough to win the game' in Peterborough defeat
- 2 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 3 Doctor fears another covid lockdown as vaccine take up 'wanes'
- 4 Derelict land in Kenton transformed by community bio diversity project
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 7 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 8 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 9 Women have access to free period packs in six Brent locations
- 10 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
Shannon Marchesani of the East Sussex Missing Persons team said: “The evidence at present shows that Ileana left home completely of her own accord and there are still no suspicious circumstances.
“However she did not leave with anything to prepare either of them for even a short stay away, and nothing has been heard since.
“We are naturally increasingly concerned for their welfare, and at the very least we ask Ileana to contact us so that we can confirm that she and her son are safe.”
Anyone who has Ma Tomoiaga or Daniel, or knows where they may be, is asked to call 101 quoting serial 1592 of 01/01.