Scouts from Brent to embark on ‘Bear Gryllis’ trip to Japan
- Credit: Archant
A group of scouts from Brent are gearing up for an exciting trip to Japan endorsed by TV adventure man Bear Grylls.
The youngsters are among scouts from six London boroughs who will embark on a thrilling journey to the Asian country for the 23rd World Scout Jamboree next year.
On the 70th anniversary of the dropping of the nuclear bomb, around 30,000 Scouts from a different parts of the world will gather at Peace Dome in Hiroshima.
The group met last weekend in preparation for a period of three weeks away from home in a very different cultural setting. Activities included prepare native dishes and an introduction to the language.
Fundraising will be held to help raise over £3,000 for each of the group to attend the gathering.
You may also want to watch:
Bear Grylls said: “During the Jamboree they will be immersed in many different cultures and customs that will change and inspire how they see the world around them.”
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 4 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 5 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 6 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 7 Join the Craic in Cricklewood as four-day music festival returns to London
- 8 Dawn Butler calls for MP security 'overhaul' after death of David Amess
- 9 Noise abatement notice served against 'silent disco'
- 10 Estranged husband who set wife on fire in Stonebridge jailed