Schools out in Brent as teachers strike over pension changes
No lessons for pupils at eight schools in the borough
Schools across the borough will close today as unions organise another strike action over pension changes.
Union representatives from across the city including Brent will march through central London.
A total of nine schools will be closed throughout the day.
You may also want to watch:
Carlton Vale Infant School in Malvern Road, Kilburn.
Copland Community School in Cecil Avenue, Wembley.
- 1 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 2 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 3 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 4 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 5 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
- 6 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 7 Travellers eviction from Dollis Hill road highlights needs for sites
- 8 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 9 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 10 Labour wins Brondesbury Park in tightly contested by-election
Curzon Crescent Children’s Centre in Curzon Crescent, Harlesden.
Fawood Children’s Centre in Fawood Avenue, Stonebridge.
Gladstone Park Primary School in Sherrick Green Road, Willesden.
Malorees Junior School in Christchurch Avenue, Brondesbury Park.
Mora Primary School in Mora Road, Cricklewood.
Queens Park Community School in Aylestone Avenue, Queens Park.
St Andrew and St Francis C of E Primary School in Belton Road, Willesden.
Fifteen other schools will also be partially closed and Brent Council is recommending that parents check official school websites tomorrow morning in case of late changes.
Hank Roberts, joint secretary of Brent Teachers’ Association, said strikers were encouraged to go straight to central London.
He added: “All the unions are still very unhappy at being forced to work longer hours and earn less.
“The government say that we are all in this together but it is clear that it is not true.”