Schools out in Brent as teachers strike over pension changes
No lessons for pupils at eight schools in the borough
Schools across the borough will close today as unions organise another strike action over pension changes.
Union representatives from across the city including Brent will march through central London.
A total of nine schools will be closed throughout the day.
You may also want to watch:
Carlton Vale Infant School in Malvern Road, Kilburn.
Copland Community School in Cecil Avenue, Wembley.
- 1 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 2 Qusai Alomar, 12, dies after collision involving motorcyclist near Wembley
- 3 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn
- 4 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 5 Neasden businessman left in lurch by HSBC loan programme
- 6 QPR boss Warburton 'savoured' his side's penalty shoot-out win over Everton
- 7 Crowds flock to Queen's Park Book Festival 2021
- 8 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 9 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 10 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
Curzon Crescent Children’s Centre in Curzon Crescent, Harlesden.
Fawood Children’s Centre in Fawood Avenue, Stonebridge.
Gladstone Park Primary School in Sherrick Green Road, Willesden.
Malorees Junior School in Christchurch Avenue, Brondesbury Park.
Mora Primary School in Mora Road, Cricklewood.
Queens Park Community School in Aylestone Avenue, Queens Park.
St Andrew and St Francis C of E Primary School in Belton Road, Willesden.
Fifteen other schools will also be partially closed and Brent Council is recommending that parents check official school websites tomorrow morning in case of late changes.
Hank Roberts, joint secretary of Brent Teachers’ Association, said strikers were encouraged to go straight to central London.
He added: “All the unions are still very unhappy at being forced to work longer hours and earn less.
“The government say that we are all in this together but it is clear that it is not true.”