Schoolboy ‘hitman’ tells court he has never held a gun
Teenager denies gunning down mother-of-one on orders
A TEENAGER accused of shooting dead a young mother claimed he had never held a gun in his life.
The 16-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, is accused of murdering 26-year-old Gulistan Subasi at her mother’s home in Hackney on March 22 last year.
The Old Bailey heard claims that the boy, who was 15 at the time, was paid �200 through a network of people leading to Serdar Ozbek, the victim’s estranged husband.
Giving evidence today (Monday), the youth admitted dealt drugs but he had nothing to do with the murder.
He claimed that witness Ryan Hatunga claimed he had confessed the murder to him in revenge for being beaten up.
He said: “That’s a lie. I can make �200 a day staying in my house.
- 1 Guilty: Man killed father who defended son from knife attack in Willesden
- 2 Motorcyclist, 34, dies at Staples Corner Flyover
- 3 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 4 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
- 5 Man stabbed in Harlesden High Street
- 6 Almost 800 homes to be built next to Wembley Stadium
- 7 Wembley fitness instructor stopped man taking his own life
- 8 New Brent baby bank to support 40 families per week
- 9 'It's about belief," says QPR boss ahead of Stoke clash
- 10 Dogs kill 'much-loved pet' in Brent park attack
“I have never handled a shotgun or a firearm in my life.”
Jurors have heard that the youth was taken on a ‘reconnaissance’ of the scene the previous day.
His mobile phone showed he was in the Hackney area despite his claims on arrest that he had ‘never been to Hackney in my life.’
He said: “It wasn’t a lie, it was a misunderstanding. I didn’t know where I was at the time.
“They only have (Ryan Hatunga’s) statement and cell showing me in the general area.
“They have got CCTV at the scene but you can’t see anyone’s face.
“The evidence they have on me is circumstantial, nothing forensic.
“I am saying they ain’t got anything on me that can prove I did it.”
The youth, Izak Billy, of Pember Road, Kensal Green, Ozbek, Leigh Bryan and Paul Nicoloau all deny murder.
Billy also denies making a threat to kill Ryan Hatunga on April 7 last year.
Two other males have been cleared of murder.
The trial continues.