Schoolboy ‘hitman’ tells court he has never held a gun
Teenager denies gunning down mother-of-one on orders
A TEENAGER accused of shooting dead a young mother claimed he had never held a gun in his life.
The 16-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, is accused of murdering 26-year-old Gulistan Subasi at her mother’s home in Hackney on March 22 last year.
The Old Bailey heard claims that the boy, who was 15 at the time, was paid �200 through a network of people leading to Serdar Ozbek, the victim’s estranged husband.
Giving evidence today (Monday), the youth admitted dealt drugs but he had nothing to do with the murder.
You may also want to watch:
He claimed that witness Ryan Hatunga claimed he had confessed the murder to him in revenge for being beaten up.
He said: “That’s a lie. I can make �200 a day staying in my house.
- 1 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 2 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 3 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 4 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 5 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 6 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 7 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 8 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 9 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 10 Summer in the City: Five things to do in Brent this weekend
“I have never handled a shotgun or a firearm in my life.”
Jurors have heard that the youth was taken on a ‘reconnaissance’ of the scene the previous day.
His mobile phone showed he was in the Hackney area despite his claims on arrest that he had ‘never been to Hackney in my life.’
He said: “It wasn’t a lie, it was a misunderstanding. I didn’t know where I was at the time.
“They only have (Ryan Hatunga’s) statement and cell showing me in the general area.
“They have got CCTV at the scene but you can’t see anyone’s face.
“The evidence they have on me is circumstantial, nothing forensic.
“I am saying they ain’t got anything on me that can prove I did it.”
The youth, Izak Billy, of Pember Road, Kensal Green, Ozbek, Leigh Bryan and Paul Nicoloau all deny murder.
Billy also denies making a threat to kill Ryan Hatunga on April 7 last year.
Two other males have been cleared of murder.
The trial continues.