Schoolboy accused of murdering young mum
A schoolboy charged with killing a mother-of-one has appeared in court - with his dad sat next to him for support. The 15-year-old from Willesden, who cannot be named for legal reasons, is alleged to have shot dead 26-year-old Gulistan Subasi on March 22.
A schoolboy charged with killing a mother-of-one has appeared in court - with his dad sat next to him for support.
The 15-year-old from Willesden, who cannot be named for legal reasons, is alleged to have shot dead 26-year-old Gulistan Subasi on March 22.
Mrs Subasi, who has a six-year-old son, was gunned down as she answered the door of her mother's flat in Hackney, east London.
The schoolboy, who is thought to be the country's youngest contract killer, spoke only to confirm his name during a brief hearing at the Old Bailey this morning (Thursday).
You may also want to watch:
The court allowed the schoolboy's father to sit next to him in the dock.
No bail application was made on the teenager's behalf and he set for a further appearance at Hendon Youth Court tomorrow (Friday), before his case is sent back to the Old Bailey for trial.
- 1 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 4 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 5 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 6 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 7 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 8 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 9 'Cowardly' government accused by Brent MP of siding with 'bad bosses'
- 10 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
The schoolboy has been remanded in custody.