Schoolboy accused of murdering young mum
A schoolboy charged with killing a mother-of-one has appeared in court - with his dad sat next to him for support. The 15-year-old from Willesden, who cannot be named for legal reasons, is alleged to have shot dead 26-year-old Gulistan Subasi on March 22.
A schoolboy charged with killing a mother-of-one has appeared in court - with his dad sat next to him for support.
The 15-year-old from Willesden, who cannot be named for legal reasons, is alleged to have shot dead 26-year-old Gulistan Subasi on March 22.
Mrs Subasi, who has a six-year-old son, was gunned down as she answered the door of her mother's flat in Hackney, east London.
The schoolboy, who is thought to be the country's youngest contract killer, spoke only to confirm his name during a brief hearing at the Old Bailey this morning (Thursday).
You may also want to watch:
The court allowed the schoolboy's father to sit next to him in the dock.
No bail application was made on the teenager's behalf and he set for a further appearance at Hendon Youth Court tomorrow (Friday), before his case is sent back to the Old Bailey for trial.
- 1 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 2 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 3 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 4 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 5 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 6 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 7 Dykes hurt as QPR topple Hatters to end season on winning note
- 8 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 9 QPR boss Warburton not worried about Dykes' injury
- 10 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
The schoolboy has been remanded in custody.