Schoolboy accused of murdering young mum
A schoolboy charged with killing a mother-of-one has appeared in court - with his dad sat next to him for support. The 15-year-old from Willesden, who cannot be named for legal reasons, is alleged to have shot dead 26-year-old Gulistan Subasi on March 22.
A schoolboy charged with killing a mother-of-one has appeared in court - with his dad sat next to him for support.
The 15-year-old from Willesden, who cannot be named for legal reasons, is alleged to have shot dead 26-year-old Gulistan Subasi on March 22.
Mrs Subasi, who has a six-year-old son, was gunned down as she answered the door of her mother's flat in Hackney, east London.
The schoolboy, who is thought to be the country's youngest contract killer, spoke only to confirm his name during a brief hearing at the Old Bailey this morning (Thursday).
The court allowed the schoolboy's father to sit next to him in the dock.
No bail application was made on the teenager's behalf and he set for a further appearance at Hendon Youth Court tomorrow (Friday), before his case is sent back to the Old Bailey for trial.
- 1 Plan for creating 25,500 homes around 'HS2 Superhub' passed
- 2 Former bingo hall in Burnt Oak to become co-working and co-living space
- 3 Wembley school opens new special educational needs facility
- 4 Series of failures sees Met Police placed under special measures
- 5 2 men attacked by group after fight breaks out at Queensbury Tube Station
- 6 Three Met officers receive written warning over photos of murdered sisters
- 7 Two charged after police discharge taser during Kingsbury vehicle stop
- 8 Covid admissions on the rise at north London hospitals
- 9 Most wanted: 6 people sought in connection with 10 robberies across London
- 10 Road closed after man's death in Willesden
The schoolboy has been remanded in custody.