Schoolboy accused of murdering young mum
A schoolboy charged with killing a mother-of-one has appeared in court - with his dad sat next to him for support. The 15-year-old from Willesden, who cannot be named for legal reasons, is alleged to have shot dead 26-year-old Gulistan Subasi on March 22.
A schoolboy charged with killing a mother-of-one has appeared in court - with his dad sat next to him for support.
The 15-year-old from Willesden, who cannot be named for legal reasons, is alleged to have shot dead 26-year-old Gulistan Subasi on March 22.
Mrs Subasi, who has a six-year-old son, was gunned down as she answered the door of her mother's flat in Hackney, east London.
The schoolboy, who is thought to be the country's youngest contract killer, spoke only to confirm his name during a brief hearing at the Old Bailey this morning (Thursday).
You may also want to watch:
The court allowed the schoolboy's father to sit next to him in the dock.
No bail application was made on the teenager's behalf and he set for a further appearance at Hendon Youth Court tomorrow (Friday), before his case is sent back to the Old Bailey for trial.
- 1 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 2 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 3 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 4 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 5 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 6 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 7 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 8 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 9 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 10 Summer in the City: Five things to do in Brent this weekend
The schoolboy has been remanded in custody.