Schoolboy, 14, killed in Brent Cross crash named
Joel Williams from Holloway, died after being struck on the North Circular Road
A schoolboy who died after being hit by a car on the North Circular Road, near Brent Cross, has been named.
Joel Williams, 14, from Holloway, north London, was critically injured while trying to cross the busy A406 last Tuesday at around 3.30pm.
He was rushed to hospital but died from head injuries the following morning.
An inquest at North London Coroners’ Court has been opened and adjourned.
You may also want to watch:
Tributes to Joel have been left on social networking sites including Facebook and Twitter.
The driver of the Mercedes Estate stopped at the scene and was not arrested.
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 4 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 5 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 6 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 7 Noise abatement notice served against 'silent disco'
- 8 Join the Craic in Cricklewood as four-day music festival returns to London
- 9 Dawn Butler calls for MP security 'overhaul' after death of David Amess
- 10 Estranged husband who set wife on fire in Stonebridge jailed
Investigating officers are appealing for witnesses or anyone with information to come forward
Senior Investigating Officer DS Chris Osborne, from the Collision Investigation Unit at Northolt Traffic Garage, said: “This is a very serious collision that happened on one of London’s busiest roads.
“It is very important we find out exactly how this occurred and the events leading up to it.
“If anyone saw the collision or knows anything about what happened beforehand please contact us.”
Anyone with information is asked to call Northolt Traffic Garage on 020 8842 1817