Schoolboy, 14, killed in Brent Cross crash named
Joel Williams from Holloway, died after being struck on the North Circular Road
A schoolboy who died after being hit by a car on the North Circular Road, near Brent Cross, has been named.
Joel Williams, 14, from Holloway, north London, was critically injured while trying to cross the busy A406 last Tuesday at around 3.30pm.
He was rushed to hospital but died from head injuries the following morning.
An inquest at North London Coroners’ Court has been opened and adjourned.
Tributes to Joel have been left on social networking sites including Facebook and Twitter.
The driver of the Mercedes Estate stopped at the scene and was not arrested.
- 1 Man arrested after woman's rape allegation in Neasden
- 2 Most wanted: 6 people sought in connection with 10 robberies across London
- 3 Two charged after police discharge taser during Kingsbury vehicle stop
- 4 2 men attacked by group after fight breaks out at Queensbury Tube Station
- 5 Plan for creating 25,500 homes around 'HS2 Superhub' passed
- 6 The Fellowship: Highly charged look at the children of Windrush
- 7 Wembley school opens new special educational needs facility
- 8 Flats approved for Brondesbury Park
- 9 Road closed after man's death in Willesden
- 10 Plea date set for men accused of fatal stabbing in Neasden
Investigating officers are appealing for witnesses or anyone with information to come forward
Senior Investigating Officer DS Chris Osborne, from the Collision Investigation Unit at Northolt Traffic Garage, said: “This is a very serious collision that happened on one of London’s busiest roads.
“It is very important we find out exactly how this occurred and the events leading up to it.
“If anyone saw the collision or knows anything about what happened beforehand please contact us.”
Anyone with information is asked to call Northolt Traffic Garage on 020 8842 1817