Schoolboy, 14, killed in Brent Cross crash named
Joel Williams from Holloway, died after being struck on the North Circular Road
A schoolboy who died after being hit by a car on the North Circular Road, near Brent Cross, has been named.
Joel Williams, 14, from Holloway, north London, was critically injured while trying to cross the busy A406 last Tuesday at around 3.30pm.
He was rushed to hospital but died from head injuries the following morning.
An inquest at North London Coroners’ Court has been opened and adjourned.
Tributes to Joel have been left on social networking sites including Facebook and Twitter.
The driver of the Mercedes Estate stopped at the scene and was not arrested.
- 1 Women attacked on way home from night out in Wembley
- 2 Brent scheme helping people with disabilities after Covid
- 3 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 4 'Grandfather of Kensal Rise': Barber Gee Artrey dies at 86
- 5 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 6 Wembley man who used child to sell drugs due in court
- 7 North London road and rail disruptions in the week ahead
- 8 Four adults and child rescued from roof as blaze destroys flat
- 9 London to Hong Kong to Selfridges: Couple’s snack brand journey
- 10 West Hampstead and Kilburn up first for new team to battle fly-tipping
Investigating officers are appealing for witnesses or anyone with information to come forward
Senior Investigating Officer DS Chris Osborne, from the Collision Investigation Unit at Northolt Traffic Garage, said: “This is a very serious collision that happened on one of London’s busiest roads.
“It is very important we find out exactly how this occurred and the events leading up to it.
“If anyone saw the collision or knows anything about what happened beforehand please contact us.”
Anyone with information is asked to call Northolt Traffic Garage on 020 8842 1817