Schoolboy, 14, killed in Brent Cross crash named
Joel Williams from Holloway, died after being struck on the North Circular Road
A schoolboy who died after being hit by a car on the North Circular Road, near Brent Cross, has been named.
Joel Williams, 14, from Holloway, north London, was critically injured while trying to cross the busy A406 last Tuesday at around 3.30pm.
He was rushed to hospital but died from head injuries the following morning.
An inquest at North London Coroners’ Court has been opened and adjourned.
You may also want to watch:
Tributes to Joel have been left on social networking sites including Facebook and Twitter.
The driver of the Mercedes Estate stopped at the scene and was not arrested.
- 1 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 2 Police appeal to find missing 12-year-old boy
- 3 'Brave new streets of London' – photo collection captures a city under Covid
- 4 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 5 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 6 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 7 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 8 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 9 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 10 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
Investigating officers are appealing for witnesses or anyone with information to come forward
Senior Investigating Officer DS Chris Osborne, from the Collision Investigation Unit at Northolt Traffic Garage, said: “This is a very serious collision that happened on one of London’s busiest roads.
“It is very important we find out exactly how this occurred and the events leading up to it.
“If anyone saw the collision or knows anything about what happened beforehand please contact us.”
Anyone with information is asked to call Northolt Traffic Garage on 020 8842 1817