Schoolboy, 12, dies after being run over by bus in Brondesbury
- Credit: Archant
A 12-year-old boy died this afternoon after a collision with a bus in Brondesbury Park.
The boy was pronounced dead at the scene following the collision with the 206 bus at around 3.25pm this afternoon.
A witness who drove past the scene said: “ Pupils were standing on the corner. There were two ambulances, a police car and a helicopter circling above.
“It is unbearable to learn now that a young boy has died.”
A Metropolitan Police spokesman said: “Police were called by the London Ambulance Service at approximately 3.10pm to reports of a Route 206 bus in collision with a pedestrian on Brondesbury Park in Brent.
“The pedestrian, a boy believed to be aged 12 years old, was pronounced dead at the scene at 3.52pm.
“The driver of the bus stopped at the scene and has been assisting officers with enquires.
- 1 Three found guilty of murder for involvement in fatal gunfight
- 2 Brent triple shooting leaves victims in hospital
- 3 Pensioner dies and bus passengers injured in Wembley collision
- 4 'Dangerous' uni student jailed for 38 years for 'random' knife attacks
- 5 Victim speaks out after Hampstead machete robbery
- 6 Man shot in his heart outside Queen's Park flats named
- 7 London Assembly: TfL urged to rethink plans to cut 78 bus routes
- 8 QPR boss Beale bemoans missed chances in Blackpool defeat
- 9 'Predator' acted as masseur to assault women
- 10 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
The schoolboy’s next of kin have been informed with formal identification taking place in due course.
A post-mortem examination will be held in due course.
Road closures were still in place in Brondesbury Park this evening.
The Met spokesman said: “No arrests have been made and enquiries continue.”
Anyone who witnessed the collision or has information is asked to call the Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 0208 991 9555 or police on 101. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 if you would prefer to remain anonymous.