School's charity drive
By Alex Wellman A religious group is launching their support for a charitable organisation with a drive for bone marrow donors. BAPS Swaminarayan Sanstha, the UK arm of an international Hindu organisation, has given its backing to The Anthony Nolan Trust
By Alex Wellman
A relisgious group is launching their support for a charitable organisation with a drive for bone marrow donors.
BAPS Swaminarayan Sanstha, the UK arm of an international Hindu organisation, has given its backing to The Anthony Nolan Trust at its forthcoming summer fair.
There are currently 16,000 people worldwide in need of a bone marrow transplant, but because individual genetic makeup is so varied, the chance of finding a suitable donor can be slim.
You may also want to watch:
Matches are usually found from within the same ethnic community as the patient but only four per cent of donors on the register are from an Asian background.
The Swaminarayan School in Brentfield Road, Neasden, will host the fair on Saturday July 4 and Sunday July 5 from 1pm to 9pm each day.
- 1 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs
- 2 Boyfriend of murder victim 'fell to knees' at discovering body in Kingsbury
- 3 Football fan in serious condition after falling from Wembley stand
- 4 Data shows Delta is fast-becoming Brent's dominant Covid-strain
- 5 Two arrests after man shot and teenager stabbed in Queen's Park
- 6 Brent Chinese gets green light for alcohol delivery despite concerns
- 7 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 8 Euro 2020: Dykes loses opener as Niko Hamalainen seals win with Finland
- 9 Man arrested after Harlesden stabbing
- 10 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
A stall encouraging people to sign up will be at the fair with more leaflets and for more information visit www.anthonynolan.org.uk