School in Kingsbury awarded with prestigious honour
- Credit: Archant
Woodfield School has become one of only 350 schools in the country to be granted teaching school status
A school in Kingsbury has been recognised for its hard work and been given a prestigious honour.
Woodfield School, in Glenwood Avenue, has become one of only 350 schools in the country to be granted teaching school status.
Teaching status, which is given by the National College for Schools Leadership (NCSL) gives schools rated as outstanding by Ofsted the freedom and autonomy to lead others, working to deliver high quality support for teachers and leaders at all stages in their career.
Staff from the successful school, which caters for pupils with Special Educational Needs (SEN) will now attend an induction at the national college learning and conference centre in Nottingham.
Desi Lodge Patch, the school’s head teacher, said: “We are looking forward to working with our strategic partners to train the next generation of teachers who will gain the skills and expertise to work in both mainstream and special schools.”
As they develop, teaching schools working with other schools and universities will help to provide the next generation of teachers and head teachers and will support schools in challenging circumstances.
- 1 Teenager killed in Stonebridge after collision with a car
- 2 'London’s smallest bus lane' earns Harrow Council £440,000
- 3 Teenager grabbed and pulled towards car in broad daylight
- 4 Adomah's late goal wins it for QPR at Coventry
- 5 Residents lose appeal to save Brent leisure centre
- 6 Below-par QPR found a way to win at Coventry says Warburton
- 7 Brent LTN removal set to be financed from 'existing council budgets'
- 8 Women attacked on way home from night out in Wembley
- 9 Brent Mosque vaccinates 10,000th person
- 10 Wembley man who used child to sell drugs due in court
Cllr Ketan Sheth, who is vice-chair of the governing body of Woodfield, said: “We celebrate and recognise achievement and efforts at all levels, and we were proud to retain our outstanding rating at our most recent Ofsted inspection.”