School in Kingsbury awarded with prestigious honour
- Credit: Archant
Woodfield School has become one of only 350 schools in the country to be granted teaching school status
A school in Kingsbury has been recognised for its hard work and been given a prestigious honour.
Woodfield School, in Glenwood Avenue, has become one of only 350 schools in the country to be granted teaching school status.
Teaching status, which is given by the National College for Schools Leadership (NCSL) gives schools rated as outstanding by Ofsted the freedom and autonomy to lead others, working to deliver high quality support for teachers and leaders at all stages in their career.
Staff from the successful school, which caters for pupils with Special Educational Needs (SEN) will now attend an induction at the national college learning and conference centre in Nottingham.
You may also want to watch:
Desi Lodge Patch, the school’s head teacher, said: “We are looking forward to working with our strategic partners to train the next generation of teachers who will gain the skills and expertise to work in both mainstream and special schools.”
As they develop, teaching schools working with other schools and universities will help to provide the next generation of teachers and head teachers and will support schools in challenging circumstances.
- 1 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs
- 2 Photographer seeks people he took pictures of in the early 1990s
- 3 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 4 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
- 5 Resident calls for 'slum launderette' to be taken off Neasden street
- 6 Man in hospital following shooting in Neasden
- 7 Man arrested after Harlesden stabbing
- 8 The road closures to look out for as Euro 2020 kicks off at Wembley
- 9 Man charged with Colindale murder
- 10 Appeal after passengers assaulted on buses in Cricklewood
Cllr Ketan Sheth, who is vice-chair of the governing body of Woodfield, said: “We celebrate and recognise achievement and efforts at all levels, and we were proud to retain our outstanding rating at our most recent Ofsted inspection.”