School in Kingsbury awarded with prestigious honour
- Credit: Archant
Woodfield School has become one of only 350 schools in the country to be granted teaching school status
A school in Kingsbury has been recognised for its hard work and been given a prestigious honour.
Woodfield School, in Glenwood Avenue, has become one of only 350 schools in the country to be granted teaching school status.
Teaching status, which is given by the National College for Schools Leadership (NCSL) gives schools rated as outstanding by Ofsted the freedom and autonomy to lead others, working to deliver high quality support for teachers and leaders at all stages in their career.
Staff from the successful school, which caters for pupils with Special Educational Needs (SEN) will now attend an induction at the national college learning and conference centre in Nottingham.
You may also want to watch:
Desi Lodge Patch, the school’s head teacher, said: “We are looking forward to working with our strategic partners to train the next generation of teachers who will gain the skills and expertise to work in both mainstream and special schools.”
As they develop, teaching schools working with other schools and universities will help to provide the next generation of teachers and head teachers and will support schools in challenging circumstances.
- 1 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 2 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 3 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 4 Hospitality Day: Your favourite restaurant... REVEALED
- 5 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 6 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 7 Hospitality Day: Your favourite Brent pub...REVEALED
- 8 Call for teams for football tournament in memory of Josh Hanson
- 9 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 10 'Erratic, violent' man given indefinite hospital order for killing 'friendly' neighbour in Wembley
Cllr Ketan Sheth, who is vice-chair of the governing body of Woodfield, said: “We celebrate and recognise achievement and efforts at all levels, and we were proud to retain our outstanding rating at our most recent Ofsted inspection.”