Satsuma’s future is bright, Satsuma is orange
Soho-based Japanese restaurant serves up authentic dishes at a price that’s right
Satsuma restaurant in the heart of Soho has undergone a makeover with the theme being the vibrant colour associated with the fruit.
Japanese restaurants are not renowned for being easy on the wallet but this eatery offers delicious dishes at affordable prices.
I loved the vibrant orange booths as they offer privacy, while not making you feel cut off from other diners.
Satsuma has a good varied menu so whether you are a fully-fledged carnivore, vegetarian or pescetarian, there will be something to suit your palate.
You may also want to watch:
Our starters of miso soup and edamame beans were delicious, cooked to perfection and bursting with flavours leaving us eagerly in anticipation of our mains course.
I opted for the Satsuma bento box and my dining partner picked the chicken katsu bento.
- 1 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
- 2 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 3 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 4 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 5 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 6 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 7 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 8 Vale Farm Sports Centre offering facilities for free from May 17
- 9 Election 2021: All the candidates for mayor of London
- 10 Man stabbed to death at Brent Cross Shopping Centre
Neither of us were disappointed by our choices.
The bento boxes were so well presented I felt guilty at the thought of tucking in – but with the first mouth pleasure replaced my guilt.
Succulent Prawns wrapped in noodles, mouth –watering salmon, chicken peanut satay, sushi rolls, rice, noodles and vegetables all beautifully presented – in a bento box of course.
My dining partner heralded Satsuma’s chicken katsu curry as the best she’s ever tasted adding she’ll be unable to eat that dish anywhere else from now onwards – high praise indeed.
We finished off our meal by sharing a delicious sesame ice cream but its worth noting Satsuma offers a great range of desserts.
Diners can also accompany their meals with a host of soft drinks, beers, wines (including Japanese brands) and spirits on offer.
56 Wardour Street
020 7437 8338