Satsuma’s future is bright, Satsuma is orange
Soho-based Japanese restaurant serves up authentic dishes at a price that’s right
Satsuma restaurant in the heart of Soho has undergone a makeover with the theme being the vibrant colour associated with the fruit.
Japanese restaurants are not renowned for being easy on the wallet but this eatery offers delicious dishes at affordable prices.
I loved the vibrant orange booths as they offer privacy, while not making you feel cut off from other diners.
Satsuma has a good varied menu so whether you are a fully-fledged carnivore, vegetarian or pescetarian, there will be something to suit your palate.
Our starters of miso soup and edamame beans were delicious, cooked to perfection and bursting with flavours leaving us eagerly in anticipation of our mains course.
I opted for the Satsuma bento box and my dining partner picked the chicken katsu bento.
- 1 Two charged after police discharge taser during Kingsbury vehicle stop
- 2 2 men attacked by group after fight breaks out at Queensbury Tube Station
- 3 Three Met officers receive written warning over photos of murdered sisters
- 4 Road closed after man's death in Willesden
- 5 Harlesden shop fire 'caused by barbecue'
- 6 Most wanted: 7 people sought in connection with 11 robberies across London
- 7 Complaints of 'chaos' after Harry Styles' Wembley gigs
- 8 Neasden stabbing: Man charged with St Raphael's estate murder
- 9 Jailed: Kilburn man linked to 8 knifepoint robberies in St John's Wood area
- 10 Plea date set for men accused of fatal stabbing in Neasden
Neither of us were disappointed by our choices.
The bento boxes were so well presented I felt guilty at the thought of tucking in – but with the first mouth pleasure replaced my guilt.
Succulent Prawns wrapped in noodles, mouth –watering salmon, chicken peanut satay, sushi rolls, rice, noodles and vegetables all beautifully presented – in a bento box of course.
My dining partner heralded Satsuma’s chicken katsu curry as the best she’s ever tasted adding she’ll be unable to eat that dish anywhere else from now onwards – high praise indeed.
We finished off our meal by sharing a delicious sesame ice cream but its worth noting Satsuma offers a great range of desserts.
Diners can also accompany their meals with a host of soft drinks, beers, wines (including Japanese brands) and spirits on offer.
56 Wardour Street
020 7437 8338