Sarah Teather webchat cancelled amid speculation she will be a casualty of cabinet reshuffle
Liberal Democrat MP for Brent Central is currently minister for children and families
Rumour surrounds the future of Sarah Teather MP amid claims she is soon to be ousted from her position as a minister.
The move comes as part of a cabinet reshuffle taking place at Downing Street today.
The Liberal Democrat MP for Brent Central, currently minister for children and families, is thought to have been axed and replaced by fellow Liberal Democrat David Laws.
Miss Teather was due to take part in a live webchat on parenting website Mumsnet at 1pm today however this was cancelled at short notice.
On social networking website Twitter, speculation was also rife with political commentators also predicting she was set to lose her seat.
Paul Waugh, editor of politics information website ‘politics home’ tweeted yesterday: “Labour wag Steve Pound yday heckled Teather in Commons, singing “You’re getting sacked in the morning...”
- 1 Women attacked on way home from night out in Wembley
- 2 Four adults and child rescued from roof as blaze destroys flat
- 3 'Grandfather of Kensal Rise': Barber Gee Artrey dies at 86
- 4 Wembley man who used child to sell drugs due in court
- 5 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 6 We deserved win over West Brom says QPR boss Warburton
- 7 Four LTN schemes could be scrapped in Brent
- 8 Five arrests, drugs and weapons seized in Harlesden raids
- 9 Girl, 14, sexually assaulted on Tube by man who asked for her Snapchat
- 10 Brent scheme helping people with disabilities after Covid
Sarah Teather’s office was unable to confirm her position as of this afternoon.