Sarah Teather webchat cancelled amid speculation she will be a casualty of cabinet reshuffle
Liberal Democrat MP for Brent Central is currently minister for children and families
Rumour surrounds the future of Sarah Teather MP amid claims she is soon to be ousted from her position as a minister.
The move comes as part of a cabinet reshuffle taking place at Downing Street today.
The Liberal Democrat MP for Brent Central, currently minister for children and families, is thought to have been axed and replaced by fellow Liberal Democrat David Laws.
Miss Teather was due to take part in a live webchat on parenting website Mumsnet at 1pm today however this was cancelled at short notice.
On social networking website Twitter, speculation was also rife with political commentators also predicting she was set to lose her seat.
Paul Waugh, editor of politics information website ‘politics home’ tweeted yesterday: “Labour wag Steve Pound yday heckled Teather in Commons, singing “You’re getting sacked in the morning...”
- 1 Man arrested after woman's rape allegation in Neasden
- 2 Neasden pub refused late licence amid fears around crime
- 3 School turns itself around after 'sexual bullying' reports
- 4 Hundreds of young musicians to gather in Wembley for concert
- 5 Rogue Wembley HGV trainer sentenced after selling non-existent training
- 6 Most wanted: 6 people sought in connection with 10 robberies across London
- 7 Hospital's new research centre officially opened by vaccine taskforce lead
- 8 Plea date set for men accused of fatal stabbing in Neasden
- 9 Five classic Rolling Stones moments at BST Hyde Park
- 10 2 men attacked by group after fight breaks out at Queensbury Tube Station
Sarah Teather’s office was unable to confirm her position as of this afternoon.