Sarah Teather webchat cancelled amid speculation she will be a casualty of cabinet reshuffle
Liberal Democrat MP for Brent Central is currently minister for children and families
Rumour surrounds the future of Sarah Teather MP amid claims she is soon to be ousted from her position as a minister.
The move comes as part of a cabinet reshuffle taking place at Downing Street today.
The Liberal Democrat MP for Brent Central, currently minister for children and families, is thought to have been axed and replaced by fellow Liberal Democrat David Laws.
Miss Teather was due to take part in a live webchat on parenting website Mumsnet at 1pm today however this was cancelled at short notice.
You may also want to watch:
On social networking website Twitter, speculation was also rife with political commentators also predicting she was set to lose her seat.
Paul Waugh, editor of politics information website ‘politics home’ tweeted yesterday: “Labour wag Steve Pound yday heckled Teather in Commons, singing “You’re getting sacked in the morning...”
- 1 Premier League dream will continue to push clubs into crisis says QPR boss
- 2 Behind Closed Doors: The high number of Brent evictions
- 3 Pensioner slams Brent Council over 'hell' housing
- 4 QPR have 'great opportunity' to reach last eight of Carabao Cup
- 5 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 6 Qusai Alomar, 12, dies after collision involving motorcyclist near Wembley
- 7 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn
- 8 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat to Brent from climate emergency
- 9 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 10 Two men arrested in connection with Jeffrey Wegby killing
Sarah Teather’s office was unable to confirm her position as of this afternoon.