Sarah Teather loses ministerial role
Lib Dem MP for Brent Central is casualty of cabinet reshuffle
Sarah Teather has been stripped of her role as minister for children and families today (Tuesday).
The move comes as part of Prime Minister David Cameron’s cabinet reshuffle.
The Liberal Democrat MP for Brent Central will be replaced by fellow Liberal Democrat David Laws.
Rumours had surrounded Miss Teather’s position throughout the day and escalated after she cancelled a pre arranged web-chat on parenting website Mumsnet, scheduled for 1pm this afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
Sarah Teather’s office was unavailable for comment.
- 1 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs
- 2 Boyfriend of murder victim 'fell to knees' at discovering body in Kingsbury
- 3 Football fan in serious condition after falling from Wembley stand
- 4 Data shows Delta is fast-becoming Brent's dominant Covid-strain
- 5 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 6 Brent Chinese gets green light for alcohol delivery despite concerns
- 7 Euro 2020: Dykes loses opener as Niko Hamalainen seals win with Finland
- 8 Man arrested after Harlesden stabbing
- 9 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
- 10 Man in hospital following shooting in Neasden