Sarah Teather loses ministerial role
Lib Dem MP for Brent Central is casualty of cabinet reshuffle
Sarah Teather has been stripped of her role as minister for children and families today (Tuesday).
The move comes as part of Prime Minister David Cameron’s cabinet reshuffle.
The Liberal Democrat MP for Brent Central will be replaced by fellow Liberal Democrat David Laws.
Rumours had surrounded Miss Teather’s position throughout the day and escalated after she cancelled a pre arranged web-chat on parenting website Mumsnet, scheduled for 1pm this afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
Sarah Teather’s office was unavailable for comment.
- 1 Pensioner slams Brent Council over 'hell' housing
- 2 Man admits murdering waiter in Kilburn 38 years ago
- 3 Behind Closed Doors: The high number of Brent evictions
- 4 Two men arrested in connection with Jeffrey Wegby killing
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat to Brent from climate emergency
- 6 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 7 Qusai Alomar, 12, dies after collision involving motorcyclist near Wembley
- 8 Premier League dream will continue to push clubs into crisis says QPR boss
- 9 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 10 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash