Santa dash event raises £14k for St Luke’s hospice in Kenton
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of ‘Santa’ took part in a Christmas charity mission which raised more than £14,000 for a hospice in Kenton.
The annual St Luke’s Santa Dash took place yesterday where 350 adults, children, babies in buggies and even dogs walked, jogged or ran the three-mile route around Pinner.
All participants received a medal and a festive mince pie at the finish line.
The money raised will go to the hospice in Kenton Road, which cares and supports residents in Brent and Harrow who are suffering from a chronic or terminal illness.
Marie Claire Church, who took part with a group of friends and her daughter, said: “My daughter has taken part in a previous Santa Dash and she wanted to do it again. It’s a lot of fun and would recommend others to take part in the future.
“St Luke’s is a worthwhile cause and I know family and friends who have used the hospice.”
Pam Russell, St Luke’s director of fundraising, added: “It was good to see Santa’s of all ages coming together to help patients at St Luke’s.
- 1 Victim speaks out after Hampstead machete robbery
- 2 'Predator' acted as masseur to assault women
- 3 Dramatic Dieng equaliser sums up 'crazy game' for QPR boss Beale
- 4 Brent tenant 'distressed' at housing waiting list change
- 5 Goalkeeper Dieng nets late equaliser to save QPR at Sunderland
- 6 Man shot in his heart outside Queen's Park flats named
- 7 New Kilburn mural to highlight borough's cultural heritage
- 8 Harlesden bar's licence suspended following fights and noise
- 9 Coldplay at Wembley Stadium: Setlist and photos
- 10 'Dangerous' uni student jailed for 38 years for 'random' knife attacks
“We rely on the support of the public for 75 per cent of the funds we need to provide free hospice care to the people of Harrow and Brent.
“The £14,000 raised to date could help relieve symptoms including pain, breathlessness, nausea and anxiety by paying for the cost of 330 complementary therapy sessions.”
For more information about St Luke’s visit www.stlukes-hospice.org.