Sandro will not walk straight back into QPR team, says Chris Ramsey
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
Chris Ramsey insists Sandro faces a fight on his hands to get back into the QPR team ahead of the Brazilian’s imminent return to the UK.
The 26-year-old, who missed the final three games of last season’s ill-fated Premier League campaign, has been unable to enter the country following an issue with his visa, leaving him residing in his native Brazil.
The former Tottenham midfielder has now received a new visa though and is expected back in London tomorrow after Chris Ramsey revealed he is due to board a flight from Brazil this evening.
Ramsey said: “I spoke to Sandro last night. He’s due back tomorrow morning and I’m pleased about that.
“I think any team would miss him but I think the players that have been here have done their jobs.
“If he comes back and he’s fit then he’s going to have to fight his way back into the team like anybody else.”
The £6million man made 17 appearances in all competitions for the Rs last season, but has been plagued with injuries throughout his spell at the club so far.
- 1 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 2 Dogs kill 'much-loved pet' in Brent park attack
- 3 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 4 Wembley man, 18, used schoolboy to sell drug-infused sweets
- 5 Three men charged with attempted murder following Wembley shooting
- 6 Hanukkah 2021: Five events in north London tonight
- 7 ULEZ anomaly at Wembley Ikea meaning no £12.50-a-day emission fee
- 8 Brent woman jailed for 'horrific' acid attack
- 9 Possible travel disruptions in north London this week
- 10 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
Elsewhere, Ramsey still hopes to bring in a few new additions before the transfer window shuts on Tuesday night, and will look to utilise the loan market.