Ruthless burglars target blind pensioner in his Paddington home
A 91-year-old was left without his Christmas savings after conman robs him twice in week
THE hunt in on to find a cowardly trickster who stole a 91-year-old’s savings he hoped to buy his family’s Christmas presents with.
It was the second time the blind and partially deaf pensioner, who lives in sheltered accommodation in Paddington, was targetted after bottles of alcohol were stolen from his flat the week before.
The nonagenarian, who is extremely upset, recognised the man’s voice after letting him into the building via the intercom on both November 29 and December 2.
Police believe the calls at the door were a distraction while an accomplice entered the flat and stole �600, a bag of shopping and the booze.
You may also want to watch:
DC Steve Nicholls, of Westminster Burglary Squad, said: “This burglary has been carried out by opportunistic thieves who took advantage of an elderly gentleman who they believed to be vulnerable.
“I want to hear from anyone who may know who this man and his accomplice are and can help us to locate them.”
- 1 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 2 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 3 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
- 4 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 5 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 6 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 7 Travellers eviction from Dollis Hill road highlights needs for sites
- 8 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 9 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 10 Labour wins Brondesbury Park in tightly contested by-election
The cheat is believed to have a foreign accent, be a smoker and was wearing gloves.
* Anyone with information should call Westminster Burglary Squad on 0207 321 6882 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111