Run in memory of tragic pupil
A FIRST time runner is doing the Bupa 10k in memory of a 12-year-old student who died of cancer last year, writes Vicky Beckett. Knowlton Crichlow, 23, from Harlesden, is running 10k in May for the Make A Wish Foundation in memory of Zohra Daidai, a Will
A FIRST time runner is doing the Bupa 10k in memory of a 12-year-old student who died of cancer last year, writes Vicky Beckett.
Knowlton Crichlow, 23, from Harlesden, is running 10k in May for the Make A Wish Foundation in memory of Zohra Daidai, a Willesden student.
Mr Crichlow met Zohra working as a pastoral officer at the Convent of Jesus and Mary School, Park Avenue, Willesden. Three of Zohra's sisters also went to the school.
He describes her as 'an amazing girl,' who was inspirational.
Mr Crichlow asks north Londoners to 'support a young person to do something positive' by sponsoring his run. So far he has raised �250 and you can give more to the charity that helped Zohra in her last months at www.justgiving.com/Knowlton-Crichlow
Despite never running before he says training is going well, thanks to 'a friend running the marathon who gets me up every morning.' He aims to complete the 10k in under an hour.
- 1 QPR ground name to revert to Loftus Road for 2022-23
- 2 Trial date for men charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 3 Cricklewood estate reports 'major vermin' problem
- 4 'Strictest' headteacher to be documentary subject
- 5 Baby among three rescued from Willesden flat fire
- 6 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 7 VOTE: Which north London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 8 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 9 Police officer sacked after she 'failed' woman murdered by husband
- 10 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
The school is planning a memorial service for Zohra this year in the school garden.
Mr Crichlow also works with children at risk on the Church End Estate, Church Road, Willesden, in his spare time.