Royal Wedding travel advice
Whether you are planning to watch or avoid the parade check before you travel
WITH thousands expected to flock to London for the Royal Wedding on Friday and the weather due to take a turn for the worse travellers into London are being advised to plan their journeys.
While tube passengers can relax in the knowledge that Transport for London expect all lines to be running normally those wanting to avoid the crowds should consider their routes.
Drivers are advised to avoid the area completely if possible with 17 roads being closed (see below) from 6am along the procession route between Buckingham Palace and Parliament Square.
However the Congestion Charge will not apply in London due to the bank holiday.
You may also want to watch:
Buses will be operating a Saturday service but will be subject to diversions between 5.30am and 8pm around the Westminster, Hyde Park, Piccadilly and Trafalgar Square areas with some routes terminating before their usual destination where necessary.
Extra staff will be on hand to offer advise.
- 1 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 2 Police appeal to find missing 12-year-old boy
- 3 'Brave new streets of London' – photo collection captures a city under Covid
- 4 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 5 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 6 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 7 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 8 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 9 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 10 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
Planned road closures: Birdcage Walk, Broad Sanctuary, Buckingham Gate, Buckingham Palace Road (north of Lower Grosvenor Place), Charing Cross Road (south of Shaftesbury Avenue), Cockspur Square, Constitution Hill, Horse Guards Parade, The Mall, Millbank, Pall Mall (east of Haymarket), Parliament Square, The Strand, Victoria Embankment, Victoria Street, Westminster Bridge and Whitehall.
Police have warned that Grosvenor Place, Haymarket, Hyde Park Corner, Knightsbridge (east of Sloane Street), Park Lane and Piccadilly may also be closed for parts of the day.