Rock n Rolling primary school duo in finals of music competition
The pair, from Oliver Goldsmiths Primary School in Kingsbury, want to become a famous heavy metal band
Two heavy metal loving primary school students are just one performance away from playing live at The O2 arena after beating thousands to the semi finals of one of the UK’s biggest music competitions.
The Dragon Slayers, made up of Freddy Hendrix, 10, on guitar and 9-year-old Atrin Golesorkhi on drums, the talented Oliver Goldsmith Primary pupils won judges over at their audition last month, for Live and Unsigned.
Atrin, who is in Year 5 at the Kingsbury school, in Coniston Gardens, said: “It was really scary when we first auditioned because lots of bands were not getting through.
“Then after our set the judges just came up to us to say we had got through. It was something else.”
The Dragon Slayers have been together for two years and have three original songs – Army, Boomerang and One Little Boy – along with an impressive set list of Hendrix covers.
After their success last month the boisterous boys will be back at the Beck Theatre, Hay in April to compete against other heavy metal bands for the final prize of a record deal, world tour and �100,000.
- 1 Plan for creating 25,500 homes around 'HS2 Superhub' passed
- 2 Two charged after police discharge taser during Kingsbury vehicle stop
- 3 2 men attacked by group after fight breaks out at Queensbury Tube Station
- 4 Most wanted: 6 people sought in connection with 10 robberies across London
- 5 Road closed after man's death in Willesden
- 6 Three Met officers receive written warning over photos of murdered sisters
- 7 Complaints of 'chaos' after Harry Styles' Wembley gigs
- 8 Injured moped driver appeal after Dollis Hill collision
- 9 Plea date set for men accused of fatal stabbing in Neasden
- 10 Harlesden shop fire 'caused by barbecue'
More than 10,000 acts of all ages enter Live and Unsigned every year, but the confident duo are unfazed by the competition.
Atrin added: “We are hoping to become a very famous heavy metal band.”
The band hopes all their fans will come and support them at their audition April 17 at Beck Theatre in Hay.
You can experience The Dragon Slayers for yourself by visiting