Robbers use stolen digger to steal ATM machine from HSBC bank in Alperton
- Credit: Archant
Thieves nick machinery from building site next to branch in Ealing Road
Robbers have used a stolen digger to steal a cash machine from the front wall of a bank in Alperton.
The cheeky crooks broke into a building site next to the branch of HSBC in Ealing Road where they stole the machinery to carry out the theft.
They were disturbed during the robbery and made off down Glacier Way.
Brent Police have released details of the incident today to appeal for information about the robbery which took place on May 4 at around 4.10am.
You may also want to watch:
DC Louise Whittaker, investigating officer, said: “I am appealing for anyone who was in the area at the time that may have seen the van driven by the suspects speeding away from the scene or if anyone witnessed this incident to come forward with information.
“This was a unique incident and anyone driving or walking past the bank at the time would have noticed this happening.”
- 1 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs
- 2 Boyfriend of murder victim 'fell to knees' at discovering body in Kingsbury
- 3 Football fan in serious condition after falling from Wembley stand
- 4 Data shows Delta is fast-becoming Brent's dominant Covid-strain
- 5 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 6 Brent Chinese gets green light for alcohol delivery despite concerns
- 7 Euro 2020: Dykes loses opener as Niko Hamalainen seals win with Finland
- 8 Man arrested after Harlesden stabbing
- 9 Man in hospital following shooting in Neasden
- 10 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
Anyone with information should call police on 020 8733 3250 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
This is the second time the branch has been targeted by robbers in the last year.
Last June, two thieves fled empty-handed after a cashier ducked under the counter arousing their suspicion that an alarm had been set off.