Robbers target elderly
by Lorraine King Detectives investigating a series of robberies on elderly people have released CCTV images of a man and a woman they would like to speak to. The suspected robbers have targeted their victims by following them home after t
by Lorraine King
Detectives investigating a series of robberies on elderly people have released CCTV images of a man and a woman they would like to speak to.
The suspected robbers have targeted their victims by following them home after they have withdrawn money from the bank.
In five incidents the victims have had a brown thrown over them. The female suspect has then stepped forward to help them clean up, stealing their money in the process.
You may also want to watch:
In the sixth incident the man drove up in a car and distracted the victim by saying she had dropped her shopping, while the woman stole her money.
The robberies have taken place across northwest and central London.
- 1 Daughter buys winning Set For Life lottery ticket for mum's birthday
- 2 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
- 3 Photographer seeks people he took pictures of in the early 1990s
- 4 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 5 Resident calls for 'slum launderette' to be taken off Neasden street
- 6 The road closures to look out for as Euro 2020 kicks off at Wembley
- 7 Father's Day 2021: Authors from Kingsbury and Kilburn share experiences of being a dad
- 8 Wembley Sailing Club offering families a free lesson in Welsh Harp
- 9 Appeal after passengers assaulted on buses in Cricklewood
- 10 Teenager killed sisters in 'sacrifice' deal with the devil, court hears
Detective Sergeant James Hale from Brent Priority Crime Unit is calling on the public to help them identify the pictured suspects.
He said: "We are keen to speak with the people pictured as they may be able to help us with our enquiries.
"It is highly likely that these two people may continue to commit crimes across London. I urge members of the community to come forward if they have any information with regards to the incident to help us catch those responsible."
The man is described as approximately 35 - 45 years old, 5ft 10ins with short dark hair, of Mediterranean/Arab appearance and speaksing with a foreign accent.
The woman is described as approximately 30 - 40 years old, 5ft 5ins tall with dark shoulder length hair, of Mediterranean appearance and speaking with a foreign accent. She tends to wear glasses, which are tinted in sunlight and is smartly dressed.
Anyone with information should contact the Brent Priority Crime Unit on 0208 733 3250 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.