Road to get 'magic' transformation
by Andy McCorkell One of the borough s roads will be transformed into a stylish and contemporary shopping area with a �500,000 revamp to boost the area s businesses. Circus Road, in St John s Wood will get energy-efficient street lights t
by Andy McCorkell
One of the borough's roads will be transformed into a stylish and contemporary shopping area with a �500,000 revamp to boost the area's businesses.
Circus Road, in St John's Wood will get energy-efficient street lights to replace the current lampposts, and new paving stones covered in 'Magic Cote' which helps protect the pavement from chewing gum and stains.
As part of the upgrade, new wooden seats and flower beds will be placed next to the junction with Wellington Street, allowing tired shoppers to rest their legs and pause to soak up the atmosphere of this village-style London high street.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Danny Chalkley, Westminster city council's cabinet member for environment and transport, said: "Research shows local shops benefit from improvements to their streets, as these make them better able to compete with surrounding retail areas."
- 1 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 2 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 3 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 4 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 5 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 6 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 7 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 8 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 9 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 10 Kilburn residents forced to flee homes after flash floods