Road to get 'magic' transformation
by Andy McCorkell One of the borough s roads will be transformed into a stylish and contemporary shopping area with a �500,000 revamp to boost the area s businesses. Circus Road, in St John s Wood will get energy-efficient street lights t
by Andy McCorkell
One of the borough's roads will be transformed into a stylish and contemporary shopping area with a �500,000 revamp to boost the area's businesses.
Circus Road, in St John's Wood will get energy-efficient street lights to replace the current lampposts, and new paving stones covered in 'Magic Cote' which helps protect the pavement from chewing gum and stains.
As part of the upgrade, new wooden seats and flower beds will be placed next to the junction with Wellington Street, allowing tired shoppers to rest their legs and pause to soak up the atmosphere of this village-style London high street.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Danny Chalkley, Westminster city council's cabinet member for environment and transport, said: "Research shows local shops benefit from improvements to their streets, as these make them better able to compete with surrounding retail areas."
- 1 Indian Covid variant found in Brent
- 2 Man arrested and knife found after police chase through Willesden Green
- 3 Two Brent gang members sentenced for £1.1m fraud involvement
- 4 Parents 'not consulted' on restructuring of Brondesbury Park primary school
- 5 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 6 Three men arrested and gun seized after Neasden car stop
- 7 A full-time dedicated Euros Policing Team will police Wembley Stadium
- 8 Kingsbury teen appears in court charged with Brent Cross fatal stabbing
- 9 Man rushed to hospital after shooting in Dudden Hill
- 10 Person dies after being 'injured by a train' at Wembley station